Would you like to apply your Biostatistical expertise within an intellectual inspiring and international environment? Do you get excited about leading a statistician’s team and being responsible for the statistical aspects of the design and execution of clinical studies?
Your Mission: Leading the team driving the statistical expertise within Specialized Nutrition (SN) Centre of Excellence Data Science and Biometrics the Danone Nutricia Research by providing state-of-the-art advice and support in the design, execution and interpretation in the statistical analysis of preclinical and clinical research. Your work will contribute to the development of nutritional solutions that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
As (Senior) Team Leader Clinical Statistics you will manage a team of statisticians and will be part of the Centre of Excellence in Data Science and Biometrics. This team is responsible for the statistical expertise in clinical studies within SN. You will work in close collaboration with the other (Senior) Team Leaders Data Sciences (Data Management, Statistical Programming and Data Science), the Principal Statistician and the clinical team leaders. We work according to high scientific and operational standards. You will report to the Director CoE Data Science and Biometrics.
The role is based in our Research & Innovation Center in Utrecht (the Netherlands). We are open to consider remote/home-based candidates who can come to the Utrecht office on a regular basis.
About the Job
As (Senior) Team Leader Clinical Statistics you will be managing a team of around 8 statisticians in their day to day activities and support their future growth. Next to that,you will:
- Be responsible for project/resource management of the statistical part incl. timelines and deliverables
- Advise on the methodological aspects and efficiency of clinical trial design
- Leading improvement initiatives in collaboration with the principal statistician
- As member of Data Science management team align with stakeholders outside CoE Data Science & Biometrics and drive the strategy for Clinical Statistics
- Represent Clinical Statistics in external initiatives and projects
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Data Statistician with leadership capabilities and a vision on Clinical Data Statistics to engage people within the team as well as the various internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you have:
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Biostatistics or Mathematics (or related) with strong statistical content
- At least 7+ years of experience with statistical models such as Mixed Models for Longitudinal Data and Survival Analysis Techniques
- Experience in people management
- Knowledge of statistical principles, ICH-GCP guidelines and regulation
- Registration as Biostatistician or similar (CStat) is preferred
- Programming experience with SAS and R
- An ability to translate scientific information into business insights
In order to be successful in the role of (Senior) Team Leader Clinical Statistics you have excellent communication skills (in English) to interact with a multidisciplinary project team at Danone Nutricia Research and with all other parties involved, such as CROs. Additionally, you have a strong and relevant network and the ability to explain statistics orally as well as in writing to non-statisticians and can work in various projects simultaneously.
About Danone and our mission
Danone is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. This mission guides our 2.250 “Danoners” in the Netherlands and more than 100.000 worldwide on an everyday basis.
Nutricia Research is part of Danone. Research & Innovation is an important basis of the work we do in nutrition and health. We collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Our largest innovation center is located in Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art center for the development of new nutritional product concepts for Specialized Nutrition. We use life science, food science and technology, together with the passion, drive and expertise of over 500 employees, to pioneer nutritional solutions for those with special nutritional needs. Our global network of teams and experts take nutritional concepts and translate them into physical products through extensive innovation, helping us deliver high quality products to the patients who need it most.
Are you the (Senior) Team Leader Clinical Statistics we are looking for?
If you are interested, please apply via our Career Website. Please note that due to GDPR regulations applications via email will not be processed.
If you have any question about the position or the recruitment procedure, please contact Ingrid Szary (Talent Manager R&I) email@example.com.