Req. ID: 180722
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
- As a Senior PCB Manufacturing expert, you will be responsible for working with DFM and Development teams on new SSD and Module PCBs and working with manufacturing factories and Design teams across the globe to steer the company in the right direction of PCB process selection.
- Work closely with PCB manufacturing vendors
- Representing PDE within Micron’s SSD product family portfolio for development from the early stages of feasibility studies through the new product introductions stage gates and culminating at manufacturing product safe launch.
- Your responsibility is to bring your SMT expert knowledge to the team during early stages of product design and intercept to align with best practices for manufacturability
- Drive lessons learned through updating design rules and working upstream with design and layout teams.
- 10-15 years’ Experience in PCB manufacturing industry preferably
- Thorough understanding PCB manufacturing processes, design rules and materials with respective roadmaps
- Good understanding of SMT processes outcome, behavior and materials
- Thorough understanding of SMT equipment, process and materials and their and their impact on cost, quality and reliability
- Impact of PCB’s design on PCB and manufacturing process
- Understanding of design impact on cost, quality, reliability, and supply chain flexibility.
- Good understanding of design rules
- Understanding of Product lifecycle management and execution from road maps, feasibility, design and development through safe launch into manufacturing.
- Application of critical thinking techniques to develop complex technology solutions.
- Summarize, communicate and drive solutions to issues intersecting manufacturing and product design.
- Have an aptitude for senior-level communication practices for regular product and portfolio updates to Micron leadership.
- Identify projects and key strategic initiatives to support future products and customer requirements.
- Minimum of a M.S. or Ph.D in Engineering from a recognized university or related field equivalent technical work experience.
- Highly motivated individuals with a minimum of 10 years of experience in PCB industry need to apply.
- Deep understanding of SSD products is preferred.
- Experience in Product Engineering, Project management, Program Management or Sub-Contractor Management.
- Demonstrate collaboration, self-development, drive for results, integrity, and trust.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work both independently and with cross functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to support multiple program portfolios at different stages of development.
- Travel Requirement:
- Occasional travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-MP3 || Tier 4 ||