Specialist, Asia Supply Chain Sustainability
The Specialist of Supply Chain Sustainability – Asia, based in Hong Kong, will join the Hasbro Supply Chain Sustainability team to monitor and support vendor performance, remediation and capacity building, worker well-being program, sustainability and support other team initiatives in accordance with the Hasbro Global Business Ethics Principles. The Specialist will serve as a critical team member in Hasbro’s continuing journey to build a world-class Ethical Sourcing program; including rankings among the 2021 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past ten years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years.
Focusing on vendor audits, remediation and capacity building as well as worker well-being, he/she will report to the Manager of Asia Supply Chain Sustainability (the “Asia Manager”) and be responsible for implementing Hasbro’s Supply Chain Sustainability program, including effective management systems, into strategic vendors and licensees with factories in the Asia region.
- Monitor and support vendor factory performance; including review of vendor social compliance audit letters, engagement with vendors on corrective action plans (CAPs) and support their remediation efforts, visit factories to review remediation progress and support capacity building; and assess vendor management systems; identifying gaps that should be addressed.
- Respond to retailer and licensor requests for social compliance audit reports and corrective action plans, support factory remediation to satisfy partner requirements and other related administrative requests.
- Support vendor capacity building projects such as the Hasbro Ethical Sourcing Academy, on-line and in-person vendor training, worker well-being initiatives such as BSR HER and Child Friendly Spaces programs.
- Support supplier sustainability projects, such as follow up with suppliers on Higg FEM adoption, data collection, implementation of recommended improvement plane and actions, tracking measurement for impact.
- Process licensee audit reports and assess global licensee performance; including the review and assessment of licensee audit reports; review Asia license social compliance performance and escalate non-compliant licensees and engage with the Hasbro Consumer Product team to address issues.
- Conduct oversight audits of vendor and licensee factories and follow-up with the respective vendors and licensees on the results.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key internal stakeholders, such as Product Category Leads, Planning and Quality Assurance, to ensure alignment and continue to integrate ethical sourcing into business engagement.
- International Travel required (Mainland China, Southeast Asia, India).
- Reporting Relationships: Manager, Asia Supply Chain Sustainability.
- Internal: Asia Director, Supply Chain Sustainability, Senior Director, Global Ethical Sourcing, Asia Supply Chain Sustainability team.
- External: External stakeholders, vendors, licensees, Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and other social compliance programs.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy or related discipline or experience in a relevant field (i.e., law, policy, human rights).
- 3 - 5 years of experience in ethical sourcing, corporate compliance or governance; auditing experience preferred.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and crisis management and an aptitude for learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate internally and externally.
- Share Hasbro values of community, passion, integrity and creativity.
- Self-starter and passionate advocate of worker’s rights and benefits of ethical sourcing to business.
- Fluent in English, and Cantonese or Mandarin.
- Proven experience and knowledge in the human rights field. in-depth knowledge of labor, environmental, health and safety issues; experience with the Responsible Business Alliance would be a plus.