UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Financial Analyst reporting to the Financial Planning Manager.
Reporting to the Financial Planning Manager and the Vice Provost of Administration, the Financial Analyst serves as a resource and liaison to key internal and external constituents in support of the academic programs, providing expertise and training in matters related to budget development, reporting and analytics.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed by departmental administrators and management. Provide analysis and oversee maintenance of academic division financial files and processes; recommend changes for improved processing and reporting. Generate a variety of reports for Provost Finance Office and internal departments' use; develop and prepare specific analysis reports based on trends or as requested by leadership
- Assist in developing budgets, financial plans, and financial projections for academic departments. Budget entry in Hyperion during budgeting cycle. Perform analysis and recommendations on updating Hyperion assumptions
- Lends full advisory and technical support to the preparation, execution and evaluation of divisional budget. Assist with preparation and monitoring of Academic divisions budget throughout the Academic year, including analysis of expenditure trends and projection of expenses; and assessing departmental budget requests and making appropriate recommendations
- Ensure accuracy and validity of charges to various Academic Divisions; research discrepancies and collaborate with internal units to resolve; and review reports, assess results, and make recommendations to departments for improved allocation of funds
- Coordinate processing of a variety of departmental budget requests, including staff allocations on projects, capital equipment purchases, and maintenance contracts with individual departments; review expenditure patterns, evaluate requests, investigate questions and concerns, and approve/deny requests; prepare cost estimates, projections and recommendations for approval
- Review and determine chart fields for difference expense categories (PS & OTPS) and coordinate with Budget Office to set up those chart fields. Recommend as appropriate changes to current chart fields to reflect appropriate classification of expenses.
- Assist with a variety of special projects as needed including gathering and analyzing data, generating ad hoc reports, financial modeling for new initiatives/programs and making recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
Required Work Experience:
- 3 years' relevant experience or equivalent combination
- Must have experience in budget administration or accounting experience and experience implementing policies and procedures
- Experience in higher education institutions is highly preferable
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.