Req. ID: 221086
As a Planning Strategic Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating strategic layout design of the fab to enable Micron’s business plan. This role will involve interactions with multiple stakeholders across the fab to ensure good planning and execution of the strategic layout. Additionally, you will also be heavily involved in a project to introduce computerized algorithms in wafer fabrication equipment layout planning to 1.) enable new capabilities that can only be achieved through complex computing analysis, such as optimization of overall wafer fab product flow and facilities cost 2.) improve work productivity through designing an effective database framework to store and manage key information 3.) enable effective visualizations of equipment layout plans for different customized views related to various layout planning metrics. You will be involved in this open project where you will need to formulate design considerations, conceptualize of the solution in development as well as be assigned to the software development of the planning solution, which will revolve around the 3 objectives mentioned above and involve interfacing between Python, AutoCAD and Excel softwares.
More details on the job scope as follows:
- Liaise with Facilities, PEE, Planning, Production teams to communicate layout design status and constraints for enabling a feasible layout solution that fulfills Micron business plan
- Work with key area representatives to develop the process and associated business rules for the review/approval/tracking and communication of equipment layout revisions
- Work with key area representatives to develop the process and associated business rules for collecting/reviewing/standardizing/cataloging and communicating tool design information
- Represent the manufacturing areas to provide design coordination for equipment installs, relocations, upgrades and remodels.
- Maintain an up-to-date ramp plan layout that accurately displays all planned tool activity
- Perform layout reviews of the Fab looking for ways to optimize the existing and future equipment layouts.
- Coordinate with Facilities to determine the feasibility of layouts based upon structural, mechanical, electrical, cost and schedule limitations.
- Support Facilities design team by providing equipment facilitation information and process requirements as needed.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the Fab design, ramp plans and tool activity schedule.
- Maintain solid basic understanding of the Fab process areas including processing equipment, support equipment, and safety and cleanroom policies.
Key skills for the role:
- Strong critical and analytical thinking
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with variety of problems
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fundamental Programming skills & interest in development
- AutoCad skills is a good plus
Working Location : Fab10, Woodlands
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to demonstrate the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || College || Regular || Supply Chain/Logistics || #LI-ST1 || Tier 3 ||