What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Senior Engagement Engineer works for customers with Engagement contracts, such as SAP MaxAttention or SAP ActiveAttention. The aim of this role is to establish and support a long-term engagement between the customer and SAP. Engagements will cover topics related to operation and the adoption of digital innovation in SAP centric solutions. Based on a strong organization and network and a sound understanding of the customer situation the Senior Engagement Engineer provides advice and drives the delivery of relevant premium engagement services to pro-actively prevent or to resolve critical situations. In complex environments the Senior Engagement Engineer is working in a team with more experienced colleagues.
- Customer Understanding and Situation Analysis
- Understand Customer's Business (e.g. business challenges and pain points, industry specifics)
- Understand Customer Organization (e.g. Stakeholder, Implementation Partners, Service Providers)
- Understand SAP at Customer (e.g. current contractual footprint, past escalations, customer feedback provided to SAP)
- Support analyzing current customer situation, maturity of SAP solution operations, and IT service delivery
- Engagement Setup
- Explain the scope of the engagement with the customer
- Understand engagement and innovation roadmap, focus areas and high-level delivery plan
- Understand goals and Key Performance Indicators for the engagement
- Agree and implement governance model (e.g. Meeting Cadence, Escalation Path)
- Expedite SAP's collaboration platform (SAP Solution Manager) at the customer
- Explain initial action and service plan to the customer
- Engagement Governance
- Align Service Plans with the account team
- Contribute to Executive Meetings. Provide a Balanced Score Card based overview of the engagement to demonstrate the value delivered.
- Understand Engagement Performance expectations and adhere to Delivery Standards and KPIs
- Engagement Development
- Highlight premium engagement delivery opportunities to front-office team or to manager
- Support the Premium Engagement contract renewal
- Customer Relationship Management
- Establish trusted relationship with customer
- Own the communication for own engineering topics between the customer's organization and SAP DBS during the engagement lifecycle
- Support Capturing customer experience (reference calls, videos, success stories, etc.)
- Align, schedule, trigger, and follow-up on customer feedback (e.g. Medallia Survey)
- Engagement Management & Planning
- Know the status of the Premium Engagement contract and Premium Engagement guidelines
- Use the support ecosystem to find relevant SAP delivery portfolio and find the best possible way to deliver effectively for maximizing the customer value and increasing SAP delivery efficiency
- Manage a long-term engagement plan based on customer's projects and top issues
- React on short term needs when having to avoid issues
- Anticipation and identification of risks and top issues
- Identify & assess potential IT Issues and Risks
- Provide advice on issue resolution
- Involve SAP Backoffice organization, SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners if deeper expertise is required
- Create an action plan for resolution of the customer's issues and top issues.
- Document top issues to provide transparency on status and progress throughout SAP
- Escalation Management for critical situations
- Understand importance of all issues raised, and recommendations given in SAP DBS Services
- Support condensing issues to top issues and ensure resolution thereof according to engagement deliverables
- Escalate critical situations with SAP and customer top management when required
- Highlight maintenance at risk situations
- Engagement Delivery
- Manage execution of the 'Engagement Plan' by aligning, scheduling, scoping, ordering and support of services contained in service plans
- Prepare the customer contacts for upcoming service delivery
- Prepare remote and on-site teams with customer specific information
- Follow up service deliveries to ensure value realization and visibility of value delivered to customer
- Documentation and reporting of Engagement status, action and value
- Regularly report the status of engagement deliverables, accomplishments and value to the customer or the front-office team
- Enter and update the customer's information and status in the customer's SAP Solution Manager and other SAP internal systems, such as CRM@SAP Support.
- Expedite SAP Solution Manager as collaboration platform
- Highlight the benefit of SAP Solution Manager in the customer context
- Provide guidance on how to make the Solution Manager ready for delivery.
- Internal Feedback
- Provide feedback on improvement potential for SAP engagement and service delivery
- Support ES (Enterprise Support) or PSLE (Product Support for Large Enterprises) delivery
- Instruct customer on SAP's Support processes to drive efficient incident resolution
- Support adequate delivery of Enterprise Support or PSLE Services
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Functional Experience
- Problem resolution: He/She is able to effectively resolve or drive resolution for problems that require the creation of new and innovative approaches
- Ability to manage Customer Solutions in top maintenance segment (level 1).
- Is able to manage enterprises of larger size and their solution landscape and contributes to the solution of critical customer issues.
- Good understanding of the SAP technology and understanding of SAP Business Suite (Application)
- Very good understanding of DBS tools (e.g. SAP Solution Manager) and can present and explain strategy and demonstrate capabilities to customers
- Other Experience
- Communication to senior management in larger companies
- Learning quickly about new products or methods
- Experience as an DBS onsite service team lead, such as Solution Management Assessment, or as project manager for implementation projects
- Contract compliance: delivery of SAP Premium Engagements (SAP MaxAttention, SAP ActiveAttention) according to contract (contract utilization)
- Engagement renewal and extension
- Is able to build a trusted advisor relationship with customer for all support related topics
- Ability to avoid escalations
- Identifies when an escalation is required to solve an issue before it affects the customers' business
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics, Engineering AND / or equivilent work experience
- PE100 - Premium Engagement Fundamentals
- PE200 - How to Manage Technical Quality in an Premium Engagement
*Please note we will prioritise applications of those currently residing in Australia given restricted visa availability and travel related to Covid-19.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:296509 | Work Area: Customer Service and Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 80% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Australia