Req. ID: 249083
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that redefines how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio!
We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to demonstrate the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and improve communication around the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
As a Smart Manufacturing Data Science Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will work with the Singapore Backend (Assembly and Test) organization. The team is working to build valuable insights from data (structured/unstructured) by applying industry-leading methodologies in automation, AI, and machine learning to improve Micron’s product quality & standards. Using these technologies, you will assist in our goal to achieve Smart Manufacturing Industry 4.0/5.0 with the aim of reducing overall product & process variation which generally results in higher process margins, increased yield, and reliability. Your main responsibility will be working with enormous data and conduct analytics on complex datasets to assist the factory to better understand manufacturing operation and provide solution to pressing manufacturing process issues to drive down manufacturing cost and cycle time and improve product yield and quality. You will identify, collect and manipulate new semi structured or unstructured datasets from disparate sources to make them available in Big Data Platform for user query and analysis, and provide data visualization to create new insights to business needs. You will also build and implement frontier’s predictive analytics model, strategy and operation to identify untapped opportunities and expose hidden risks buried inside vast amounts of data..
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Operations Assemblly & Test and IT on data management, taking an idea, access and prepare necessary data, develop it into an application with an intuitive user interface, integrate with any pre-existing systems, demonstrate successful use cases and wins, etc.
- Discover new solutions and opportunities by analyzing data, identify patterns and trends.
- A passion for data and information with strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Work on the Big Data perform data analysis and mining to generate solutions to cycle time/cost/yield/quality problems.
- Develop ETL jobs for large volume of data that is fast and reliable
- Develop Big Data analytic solution to analyze and link multiple data sources
- Create new visualization software that demonstrate machine learning and predictive analytic to bring new insights and solution to the business.
- Build Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning and optimization models using sophisticated procedures like statistical modeling.
- Create an intuitive user interface for interactive data visualization to explain insights from data. .
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Microelectronics Engineering, Semiconductor, IC Design or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Extensive programming exposure with good foundation in statistics, modeling, analytics, math is plus, Experience in Semiconductor Industry is an added advantage.
- Programming Languages (Python, PySpark Java, C++, SQL/PLSQL, etc.)
- ETL, Database (MS SQL, MongoDB,Oracle, MySQL, Snowflake, Hadoop etc.)
- Web Development (Angular, Typescript, CSS, Node.js, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Linux machines/servers
- Collaborative Tools like GIT
- Familiarity with Atlassian eco-system (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.) Image processing (OpenCV, Python PIL, Scikit-image, etc.)
- Familiar with Hadoop eco-systems (such as Spark,Hive, HBase, HDFS, NiFi)
- Contributions in Stack-overflow/GitHub
Personality Traits looking for
- The ability to work in a multifaceted, culture-diverse and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to be dynamic and proactive with growth attitude.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || College || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-ST1 || Tier 3 ||