KVH has a technical position to fill in the Rotterdam area. We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to perform services on KVH VSAT, LTE and TVRO systems as well as Third Party communication systems onboard vessels. These services include, but are not limited to onboard installations, repairs, site-surveys, preventative maintenance and training.
A bit about KVH….
Founded in 1982, we are passionate about finding solutions for our customers – whether it’s broadband connectivity for a ship’s crew, satellite TV for a family onboard a boat, or fiber optic gyros for cutting-edge autonomous applications. We have offices around the World with over 650 employees and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
- Responsible for installation, service, and maintenance of equipment and solutions within the KVH product portfolio.
- Conduct ship site surveys and develop & document installation plans for use by KVH or KVH Service Partners.
- Make recommendations on upfront planning of all installations for a higher quality outcome, including creating drawings when necessary.
- Provide feedback to KVH technical writers on installation and user documents based on service partner and ship crew needs.
- Install, integrate, and test existing and new VSAT systems on-board/at-shore on request.
- Conduct installation audits and generate installation audit reports for customer acceptance.
- Diagnose/fix issues on naval platform in-service.
- As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or KVH Partners.
- Be available for after-hour, weekend, and Holiday service work, sometimes on short notice.
- Provide advanced training when required should KVH elect to establish repair depots in targeted regions of the world.
- Work with local Service partners on executing KVH services and technical training
- When required travel globally to vessels with problems requiring a firsthand (KVH) forensic engineering analysis.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Marine Service Engineer
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a marine electronics environment
- Experience of practical fault-finding on complex equipment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with VSAT systems preferred
- PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills preferred
- Candidate must be flexible and adaptable to ships’ schedules / jobs.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively on his/her own accord.
- Must be familiar with maritime communications equipment as well as manufacturers’ procedures.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with other parties, including coordinators, agents, crews, captains and superintendents.
- Must be familiar with equipment test measuring and calibration.
- Able to work in difficult conditions, including climbing masts, working safely at height, and working in enclosed spaces, sometimes with difficult access.
- Able to work in an offshore/maritime environment. BOSIET or equivalent training preferred.
- Adaptable to process, policy, and other changes as part of a dynamic environment.