Requisition Number: 79187
As a Data Protection Support Engineer, you’ll provide Level 2 and 3 break/fix support for Veritas NetBackup, Commvault, Rubrik, Veeam, and other similar technology issues. In this role, you’ll respond to both tool and user reported incidents, escalating issues for junior teammates as needed and work directly with the client to communicate progress on tasks and provide recommendations to their infrastructure. The department expands across different technologies, such as data center, data protection, virtualization, networking, storage, and collaboration.
What you’ll do at Insight
- Provides advanced product support and remediation of incidents in the Data Protection (Backup) environments.
- Provide customer support for Veritas NetBackup, Commvault, Rubirk and other backup related issues
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications
- Maintains advanced software configurations and recommends new applications and equipment, including updates and patches and computer infrastructure components
- Executes performance analysis of client environments and remediation tasks based on industry best practices. Implements formal written summary and action plans along with root cause analysis reports for clients management
- Formulates, provides, and maintains advanced documentation for various critical business computing technologies including diagrams, configuration settings, usage policies, and operating practice
What you’ll need to join Insight
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; or equivalent years of working experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working with information systems technology appropriate to the team function, such as storage, network, data protection, voice and collaboration, and/or servers and applications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis techniques and procedures
- Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company’s business and system strategies.
- Ability to exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Strong customer focused communication skills.
- Veritas certifications such as NetBackup VCE, or Commvault certifications would be a plus.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Manila || National Capital Region (PH-00) || Philippines (PH) || None || None || PH - Mandaluyong ||