Mindshare’s Future Adaptive Specialist Team, FAST, is looking for a talented SEO Search Manager to join our team of Intent-based purists and hybrids. For this particular role, we’re looking for someone with an Owned media background in technical SEO or agency-level SEO who interested in working towards becoming a hybrid search expert in a media environment.
Search at Mindshare is very different to typical media and specialist agencies – we expect you to consult and guide clients across all media through the lens of search. We operate through a combination of various disciplines such as content marketing, data science, SEO, UX and consumer journey planning. Search forms a driving role with the FAST team at Mindshare which is an entire team dedicated to non-traditional, always-on and emerging media.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
There is an opportunity for the right person to join our team of thinkers and doers. Essentially, it’s a hands-on consulting role where you’ll be able to advise, lead and manage activity under the umbrella of Intent based marketing.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the FAST Head of Search.
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll be at the forefront of new media – our approach to non-interruptive media is a rapidly growing area of the business
- It’s the perfect role to diversify your skills- consult around non-SEO areas on Owned Media like UX, Connections Planning & Content strategy.
- Play with innovative consumer-first data with a team of experts– use it to lead clients from the traditional way of doing things.
Measures of success:
What we’d expect from an Search Manager who is succeeding at Mindshare.
In three months:
- Understands the scope of work and is effectively managing their executive(s) to complete work to the expected standard
- Is across Mindshare’s bespoke technology, vision/purpose and is able to articulate services to the agency and clients
In six months:
- Has established consultative relationships with clients and is delivering the results they need
- Is able to spot Owned and Data opportunities and be able to drive them commercially
In 12 months:
- Is delivering on client results and has grown revenue or broadened the scope where possible
- Is comfortable in working and managing the team autonomously
Responsibilities of the role:
Strategy & Consulting:
- Diagnose a client’s current situation their objectives
- Develop Owned Media proposals in line with client needs
- Under the guidance of senior management develop competitive SEO, content, UX and data related proposals for clients
- Use Mindshare proprietary tools to understand consumer behaviours and then develop strategies and/or opportunities accordingly
Operations & Delivery:
- Grow strong relationships with all relevant contacts client side including Senior Management
- Work with client teams to ensure that retainer and project based work is implemented efficiently and to the expect standards/deadlines
- Ensure efficiencies are made by the proper use of tools and integration
- Allocate clients budgets to maximise the client’s return on investment
- Produce high quality competitive reviews with actionable insights
Business Growth and Development:
- Be competent in spotting and driving opportunities for existing clients
- Work with Senior Management on new business & award entries
- Manage your team’s revenue and finance process
- Work with Senior Management to address goals and KPIs
Process & Team Management:
- Be competent at keeping an internal WIP document up to date
- Ensure team members are completing work on time
- Ensure all SEO output is SOX compliant and timesheets are completed accurately
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to Executive SEO
- Conduct performance reviews with Executive SEO where relevant in accordance to Mindshare processes and timelines
- Provide timely feedback to ensure all search deliverables are of a high-quality
- Assist in the recruitment of new Managers and Executives
What you will need:
- 2-3 years exposure to SEO, Content, Inbound-marketing or similar areas
- Familiar with other analytics’ packages
- Excel to an intermediate level (vLook Ups, Pivot Tables, IF functions)
- Understanding of a variety of CMS systems
- Consultative skills with a passion for making the complex simple
- Account & team management experience
- Demonstrate a high-level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification) desired
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.