Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
Ready to take your safety experience to the next level to work on road & highway problems that will have a huge impact on the local community and change the urban landscape? Parsons is now hiring a Safety Specialist for our expanding team. Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your emerging knowledge of safety policy and procedures, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance.
We need our Safety Specialists to be versatile, experienced leading teams and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role, under the general direction of the Safety Manager, you will ensure that the safety plan reflects corporate policy and complies with the prevailing safety requirements for the region.
- Administers job safety program; audits and inspects job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Monitors the safety performance of all construction operations in assigned job site areas with respect to one or more elements of SHARP Management and the Parsons Construction Safety & Health Manual.
- Performs accidents record analysis, and issues reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
- If certified in first aide and on small projects, may function as the first aid attendant, and/or may supervise first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
- Conducts new hire safety orientation, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Omani National
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- 2+ years of related work experience in the field of Health and Safety
- Requires a working knowledge of Omani state health and safety regulations and reporting procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.