Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
With more than 30 years of proven experience, SunPower is a global leader in solar innovation and sustainability. SunPower is a company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Our unique approach emphasizes the seamless integration of advanced SunPower technologies, delivering complete solar solutions and lasting customer value. We are passionately committed to changing the way our world is powered, and we are guided by our legacy of innovation, optimism, perseverance, and integrity.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
In order to unlock shareholder value, accelerate innovation and enhance customer value, SunPower will separate into two independent, publicly traded companies, strategically aligned and complementary, focusing on distinct offerings. Newly-formed Maxeon Solar Technologies will be the leading global technology innovator, manufacturer and marketer of premium solar panels, carrying on the decades’ long legacy in setting quality and performance standards.
As we look to the future, we are seeking a world-class Performance Engineer based in ROHQ, Binan, Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower. Are you ready to change the way our world is powered?
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Performance Engineer for Residential business unit. The Performance Engineer reports to the Performance Team Lead. The Performance Engineer is responsible for data validation, performance reporting and analysis and is expected to interact directly with Energy Assurance stakeholders and/or Site Owners for any system performance-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs simple to complex performance analysis / data validation with minimal supervision
- Possesses deep understanding of own process area and basic understanding of other business units
- Consistently meets output targets with no or minimal errors
- In charge of basic to advanced underperformance analysis, whether pre or post-installation
- In charge of data validation/analysis and delivery of System Performance reports to Customers
- Regularly interacts with Performance Engineer colleagues and Team Lead for process alignment
- Directly clarifies gray areas with internal or external stakeholders pertaining to a specific request/scope at hand
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred educational background:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic, Civil, Mechanical, Computer/Telecommunications, Chemical)
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- 0-2 years related work experience in general engineering, reporting and analytics
- Advanced understanding of PV technology, solar power, power generation, data acquisition
- Advanced knowledge on at least one on each tool category:
- Data Analytics Tools (MS Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python)
- Performance Analysis Tools (PVWatts, PVSol, PVSyst, SAM, PVGrid, PVSim)
- PV Design Solutions (Aurora, BlueSol, Helioscope, PVSketch, PVComplete, PVCAD)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Demonstrates very good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work night shift, weekends, US/Philippine holidays