Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay is now seeking an IT Manager to join our team in Qatar.
The IT Manager is responsible for providing all aspects of technical support to their hotel for all IT infrastructure related requirements including hardware, software, networks, applications plus general IT maintenance and requests. He / She will liaise closely with the functional leadership teams based in Corporate Office to ensure that not only appropriate support is delivered to the hotels but this is completed within the frameworks and processes of the wider organization. He / She will be the subject matter expert and ‘go to person’ with regard to the processes required for key actions and problem resolution.
- Is responsible for the effective implementation of all hotel technology components, process and related areas.
- Ensures monthly service agreements on information systems are maintained
- Ensures all security, data privacy and data protection requirements are met in each jurisdiction
- Maintains the systems and application in use in the Hotel
- Maintains up to date knowledge of software, hardware and network applications used on the property.
- Maintains licensing history.
- Maintains local and wide area network connections.
- Oversees all technology initiatives.
- Maintains computer hardware and software inventories.
- Contributes to effective planning of active capital and operating expenses budget relating to all technology operations and system contingency planning for new opening and existing managed hotel.
- Provides hands on assistance to cross functional teams with the maintenance and testing of network infrastructure to include not limited to servers, LAN/WAN equipment, PMS, CRS and PBX systems to ensure the greatest efficiencies in line with the company’s policies.
- Works with vendors, third parties and the technology team throughout the global Wyndham Hotels & Resorts business as needed to resolve computer and or application issues.
- Provides expertise, resolution and guidance to all users as well as responsibility for special projects as needed to support our technology environment.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports your teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for your department; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem resolution orientation
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong problem analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Experience working in a four/five star hotel
- Previous experience as hotel based IT Manager preferred
- Significant working experience within the Information Technology field, providing advanced support of desktops, laptops, software and hotel systems both locally and remotely
- Must be highly competent in troubleshooting basic and advanced network, applications and related user and set up problems
- High level of expertise in Microsoft PC Operating Systems, Fidelio Opera and Micros is essential
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiarity in working in a large, global business would be a significant advantage
- Experience in the GCC region will be a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay, West Bay Doha, Diplomatic Area, Plot number 2003, Doha, Doha 66626
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.