Peraton is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with an active Secret clearance to support our US Navy customer conducting Mine Counter Measures (MCM) operations in Manama, Bahrain.
In this position, you will be part of an Unmanned Surface Vessel Mine Hunting Team tasked with conducting mine-hunting operations in the 5th Fleet Area of Operations. This is an opportunity for you to work OCONUS and to get underway both on US Navy and coalition force vessels. You will be provided with occasions to spend time at sea on both large and small craft, while working on the software that provides the equipment its ability to operate semi-autonomously. Additionally, you will be trained to remotely operate the USV, its sensors, and payloads. Being actively deployed in the region will require a one-year minimum deployment to Bahrain, following two months of initial training in Panama City, FL. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered during the training period and deployment period.
*This postion will be based in Bahrain*
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting of the Multi-Operator Control Unit (MOCU) graphic user interface (GUI) throughout the life of the program
- Work hand-in-hand with NSWC Panama City’s Senior Software Engineer to maintain software configuration, troubleshoot, and update the software both on the USV’s and inside the command and control station, in addition to tending to any software issues/changes that are required while deployed to Bahrain
- Receive the chance to train and become an Unmanned Surface Vessel Operator.
- Debug the operating software for the USV, its payloads, and its sensors
- Monitor the USV during operations to ensure the software executes as designed
- Perform installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Software and Hardware related to the mechanical, electrical, and electronic assemblies, systems, and subsystems
- Assist in performing preventative and corrective maintenance to the computer racks and network systems
- Assist in Data collection
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related Engineering or Scientific degree and 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with Windows 10 systems administration
- Experience using Visual C++ (Visual Studio)
- GUI development experience
- Performed computer hardware troubleshooting
- Possess an active DOD Secret level clearance and have the ability to maintain the clearance
- You are willing to work a minimum of one year in Bahrain (travel and lodging provided by company within villas in a new part of Manama)
- Possess a valid passport with more than 6 months to expiration
- Physical within the last 12 months due to possible remote locations of operations
- US Navy experience
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electronic troubleshooting
- Relevant maritime operations skills and experience
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.