- MAG is searching for a Highly qualified PME Tech to support ISR Maritime missionson the coast of the Arabian Sea.
Duties include, but not limited to:
The incumbent will serve as a Mission Equipment Technician (MET) supporting 24/7 Maintenance Support of Primary Mission Equipment (PME) and ensure continuous Mission Operations. The Mission of the Primary Mission Equipment (PME) Maintenance Section is to provide the necessary and required 24/7 PME maintenance support to sustain 100% Fully Mission Capable (FMC) status and mission readiness to support ISR operations. Play a vital role in the daily operations of ISR platforms and ensure proper documentation of all aircraft Primary Mission Equipment (PME) maintenance and changes of all hardware, software and version changes. Responsible for ensuring 100% technical and troubleshooting support availability for ISR platforms conducting Mission Operations while airborne or grounded. Will require being deployable to remote locations worldwide and in possible hostile environments. Responsible for ensuring adherence to all MAG Policies, Procedures and Compliance regulations from both the assigned Program/Project and MAG Corporate Headquarters.
- Perform aircraft and back-shop troubleshooting of systems and components, testing and repair activities such as soldering, cable making and termination, electrical and RF measuring and testing, print reading, and perform calibrations, integrations, and modifications as required.
- Perform consumable & parts inventories, ordering and organizing parts and equipment, maintaining digital inventories, and any other activity required to fully support the PME maintenance activity and the program.
- Perform identification and processing of tools and equipment that may be defective and/or required to better support the PME maintenance activity.
- Support logistical inventories, support site moves, facilities, installations, and troubleshooting of program operational equipment.
- Support aircraft maintenance personnel (as required by Phase maintenance) on the removal and installation of PME equipment to include antennas, radome and surfboard, pod removal, racks, sensor systems, etc. when removal and re-installation of any PME equipment components as required to facilitate other maintenance.
- Conduct Mission System Pre-flight operational checks as required to confirm proper system functionality and update/load all required encryption.
- Monitor flight times, missions and system issues, PME database, and personnel for any issues to ensure the shift maintenance events are running accurately and proficiently.
- Maintain daily accountability of all COMSEC Cryptographic material assigned and ensure proper destruction of expired Cryptographic Keys.
- Check for and remove all Foreign Object Debris (FOD) when working in or around the aircraft and on flight line.
- Expected and encouraged to be proactive in seeking and learning all platform’s and systems to increase and maintain work proficiency.
- Perform in accordance and in compliance with all safety, ethical, technical, administrative, and operational guidelines, instructions, regulations, requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and any other directive or instruction, in writing or verbal form from MAG and Program Management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be experienced and proficient with use of troubleshooting equipment to include, but not limited to: Multi-Meters, Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Frequency Synthesizers, Power Generators.
- Be proficient in the English Language both written and verbal to allow for proper documentation, reporting and customer interaction.
- Experience with use of a Simple Key Loader (SKL) and Harris Radios to include: PRC-117s, ARC-210s, 231s and 152s).
- Possess fundamental skills of troubleshooting processes and procedures to include: Ability to read wiring diagrams, path flows, check-list and procedures.
- Experience with use of troubleshooting equipment to include, but not limited to: Multi-Meters, Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Frequency Synthesizers, Power Generators.
- Possess basic knowledge of networking fundamentals, Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of communications equipment, electronics equipment, as appropriate for the task.
- Be proficient in technical communications and the English language to allow proper communications while troubleshooting, supporting and operating.
- Ability to properly use Radio Communications for mission support and possess basic knowledge of military terminology.
- Must meet all CENTCOM deployment requirements.
The minimum level of education required is:
- HS diploma or GED is required
- AA Degree in related discipline or at least 5 years of experience is preferred.
- FAA Mechanic License with Airframe (A) rating preferred
- Valid FCC license preferred
- Possess DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (CompTIA Security + Certification and Operating System Certification).
- ISR Operational Support experience preferred
- Knowledge of quality control standards and systems
- Able to maintain good working relationships with other departments
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Quality orientation
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Possess at minimum a Secret level clearance with the possibility of a TS/SCI.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:
Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993