Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director (TBD)
3 best things about the job:
- Global remit
- Ecommece experience
- Working with new and exciting network
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Understand the Wavemaker network and gain trust of markets
In six months, you would have:
- One media innovation implemented
In 12 months, you would have:
- Case study created
Responsibilities of the role:
The key focus of this role will be on one client specifically, but with our new structure and company set up in Hong Kong there are amazing opportunities to be had to work on lots of other interesting brands and pitches as we grow.
This particular client is new to working with an agency network and therefore this role is critical in helping them navigate this space and in helping educate our own Wavemaker network about our client.
Our clients have very high expectations, short turnaround times for work and require very accurate work. So if you like project managing and working with a network of interesting people around the world to get things done to a high quality, this job is for you!
- Some tactical and strategic planning, whilst not all centrally implemented the client requires strategy to be set centrally.
- Coordinating market responses, managing client expectations on timelines depending on market nuances
- Monitoring campaign performance, ensuring delivery of relevant acceptance reports for all campaigns in the markets. This includes rolling up of all data, quality control and checking all data is correct and to high standard.
- Reporting: competitive, insight, post buy as required
- Oversight of spend, commercials, bookings etc and working with our media exec who oversees procurement processes
- Sending trends, reports, insight to client on regular basis from the markets
- Client management
- Co-management of junior Exec/planners in the team
- About 70% of our spend is in digital, so a fairly in-depth understanding of display and content in digital is important
What you will need:
Experience required: 3-5 years in the media business, Mandarin and English working proficiency. Regional or global experience preferable but not mandatory if willing to learn.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
Hong Kong market overview Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.