Conducts an assessment and/or evaluation of patients referred by a physician. Administers an occupational therapy program to promote the restoration of physical, functional, and psychosocial abilities and aids adjustment to disability.
- Performs comprehensive evaluations to establish or revise treatment programs.
- Assists in the development of treatment protocols and home programs.
- Maintains complete, concise and timely patient documentation.
- Instructs patients and families in therapy procedures and use of adaptive equipment.
- Liaises with other departments to coordinate patient care.
- Ensures that proper equipment, materials and supplies are available, and that equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists with evaluation of equipment and materials for the department or patient use.
- Assists Sr. Occupational Therapist in program development.
- Participates in the development of overall department, in-services, education.
- Assists with the orientation and training of support personnel.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current registered occupational therapist license from country of professional practice
- Successful completion of SCDP or one (1) year experience as an Occupational Therapist.