McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employees are veterans.
On-Site Logistics Representatives – OCONUS - shall provide equipment validation for shipboard configuration changes for ships homeported outside of the continental United States and serve as the primary Logistics POC for ship’s force and other waterfront equities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Proven problem solver, team player and self starter that works well independently or in workgroup environments.
- Proficiency in preparing and maintaining program briefings, position papers, spreadsheets, reports, and draft responses to Congressional, DoD, media, and industry queries, as tasked.
- Ability to create and/or update databases and spreadsheet-analysis data in electronic formats compatible with NAVSEA-approved, web-based document sharing initiatives in support of programs to include availability planning and execution status and financial and budget updates.
- Experienced and highly competent in communications and interfacing with program stakeholders, as required, including resource sponsors, senior navy staff, other program office codes, NAVSEA technical codes, Naval Surface Warfare Centers, NAVAIR, NAVWAR, TYCOMs, ISICs, Port Engineers, NAVSUP Weapons Systems Support (WSS), Program Manager Representatives (PMRs), other contractors, Supervisors of Shipbuilding, Regional Maintenance Centers, Master Ship Repair (MSR) Contractors, Naval Shipyards, Planning Yards and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Provide On-Site Logistics Representative (OSLR) support. Perform modernization configuration validations and provide other logistics support.
- Access and extract information from various Navy databases, e.g. Configuration Data Managers Database - Open Architecture (CDMD-OA), Navy Data Environment (NDE) and One Touch to identify and resolve ILS issues and concerns.
- Ability to facilitate and support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Integrated Logistics Support Management Teams (ILSMTs), Logistics Product Reviews (LPRs), advisory boards, conferences, Quarterly Program Reviews (QPRs), off-sites, working groups, audit teams, and related activities, etc. Provide meeting minutes and presentations as required.
- Liaise with, and provide support to, SEA 21 for logistics matters as required, e.g., parts configuration, inventory allowances, and global logistics solutions for the surface Fleet and Type Commanders (COMNAVSURFPAC and COMNAVSURFLANT).
- Ability to monitor and expedite the status of logistics and certification items. Maintain management and status reports for ships undergoing modernization. Maintain a listing showing the statuses of ILS certifications.
- 15 years of experience in the Navy or supporting Navy surface ships including 5 years of experience in Logistics supporting in-service Navy ships or new construction programs.
McKean Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.