- The Customer Service Advisor is responsible for answering customer inquiries via online chat, email and from inbound calls.
- Ensure customer enquiries are promptly handled on all media channels.
- Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism taking into account the consideration that all DHL customers have used the DHL EasyShop platform and are looking for prompt and accurate responses from us.
- Follow customer service procedures as are outlined as well as developing new processes and procedures as necessary
- Ensure that the customer is fully updated on any query or issue within the agreed time of one hour and if an alternate call back time has been agreed with the customer on a specific issue / query
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all departments, DHL network, products and services so that customers are provided with accurate information, transit times, clearance delays, customs paperwork requirements, packing, accounting and sales queries with confidence at all times
- Highlight any recurring problems that are manifested through customer enquiries and then direct the information accordingly so that corrective actions can be taken promptly
- Highlight opportunities and suggest solutions to improve DHL’s procedures, technology and service so that DHL can provide continuously on a universal level high standards of service to all customers
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team to achieve both individual and department goals and objectives as well as strive consistently to promote a positive team spirit
- Deal competently with customer complaints and take all possible actions to resolve any issues to their fullest satisfaction with minimal intervention of the Supervisor
Nature and Scope
- The customer service department has been structured to provide multi-channel assistance to customers (internal and external) using the DHL EasyShop platform
- The department expands DHL’s capabilities, both re-actively and pro-actively, to ensure that all customers (internal and external) experience consistently high levels of service at all times.
- The multifunctional Customer Service Agent must ensure that service levels are constantly met and exceeded through accurate bookings, trace escalations and regular communication with both the network and the customer
b) Reporting Relationships: Reports to the TBD
- Internal: DHL EasyShop Logistics Operations, Destination Country Customer Service, EasyShop platform provider
- External: Customers
d) Problem Solving
The job holder must take ownership of all customer inquiries and queries and provide alternatives and solutions closing it out at their end. For escalations, the jobholder must follow the network standards and consult with the team leader/Supervisor if unsure.
e) Decision Making
The jobholder will be responsible for providing shipping advise as well as managing status requests for shipments moving through the DHL network. He / she must communicate all delays and other service issues to the Supervisor.
f) Planning & Organising
The job holder must be highly organised in keeping records of traces / special requests, daily follow – ups and plan a course of action to ensure that set targets and goals are achieved and consistently met.
g) Job Challenge
- The jobholder must always be pro-active and energetic when dealing with customers Efficiency in work practices as the effective and friendly communication will be key to satisfying our customers.
- The jobholder must constantly strive to keep self-updated on all DHL processes, systems, products, technology and strive to achieve higher standards.
- This job does have shift work and requires weekends (Friday & Saturday) to be worked
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Sound educational background, with some knowledge of the service Industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Fluency in English and/or Arabic.
- Self motivated individual, capable of taking ownership and can work independently
- Tolerance for stress in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Passion for customer delight
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Team player
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Possesses good relationship building and interpersonal skills