Our Company – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Welcome to the largest hotel company in the world. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, our Team Members have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
With nearly 9,000 hotels across the globe and through its network of nearly 790,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in both the economy and midscale segments of the hospitality industry. The company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, La Quinta®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, The Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. The Company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards® loyalty program offers more than 56 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condominiums and holiday homes globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Our Brand – Wyndham®
With friendly service, thoughtful amenities, and a range of options for the everyday traveler, Wyndham will be there to welcome you wherever you go. Designed for business and leisure travelers alike, Wyndham locations offer a comfortable and convenient stay. No matter where your travels take you, our hotels welcome you with thoughtfully appointed guest rooms, a range of food and beverage options, and extras like pools and fitness centers.
Our Hotel – Wyndham Dubai Marina
Embrace the energy of the cosmopolitan playground that is Dubai with stays at Wyndham Dubai Marina, a 4-star hotel located in one of the city’s most vibrant locations. Gaze into the waters of the world’s largest man-made marina surrounded by striking architecture.
From the moment you step into our spectacular marble lobby, you know you’re somewhere special. Wyndham Dubai Marina is an internationally recognized 4-star hotel, conveniently situated just steps from Dubai’s most prominent landmarks such as The Beach and The Walk JBR, Dubai Marina Mall, and largest observation wheel in the world - Ain Dubai, soon to be completed.
The hotel features a spa, gymnasium, outdoor pool and great food and beverage outlets including a coffee shop, a club lounge, an International all-day dining restaurant with al fresco dining serving Italian specialties, and a bar and eatery serving smoked meats and specialty beverages.
Work Culture and Benefits
Embark on a rewarding career with Wyndham Dubai Marina where you will be supported throughout your professional journey with tailored learning opportunities and development training. We are committed to providing a nurturing environment where all of our team members can explore personal and professional development opportunities throughout their tenure with us. We offer a variety of leadership training, mentoring opportunities, and educational support to continually foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team members who align with our company’s core values. We are proud to reward our team members with comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include: return air tickets to home destination, uniform and laundry services, accommodation and recreation facilities, medical coverage and life insurance, transportation, duty meals, colleague discount in our F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates, enhanced employee rewards program, team bonding and engagement events, employee health and wellness activities.
As Duty Manager with full support/synergy and alignment with direct reports you will be responsible for managing the reception team and perform Duty Manager shifts as required based on business demand. Duty Manager oversees the daily operation through set processes, ensures that proactive action is taken to ensure the needs of all guests are met and that additional measures are taken to create lasting experiences. Drive high standards, quality and department engagement activities with the help of all front line team players. The scope includes maximizing revenue through upselling program impacting profitability, managing costs and productivity. In the role of Duty Manager, you will be responsible to work closely with peer team members and supervise all direct reports and build synergies.
- Monitor Reception team to ensure maximum guest satisfaction engaging with guest and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Work closely with all team players to ensure Wyndham members consistently receive all benefits, repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special recognition and service and enrolment targets are met.
- Attention to detail on special requests by having updated database on guest profile.
- Handle guest complaints and refer them as necessary to management, follow up on corrective/preventive action.
- Follow up on DM log complaints and Medallia negative comments, investigation and resolving.
- Entertain guest within hotel premises for food and drinks with approval from FOM where required in case of guest complains to gain loyalty.
- Compile, analyse existing procedures and perform process improvements to benefit operations through project management.
- Review arrival lists for all arrivals and VIPs to check/perform room allocations, amenities and special requests.
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all team players under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings for all Reception team to facilitate communication and smooth operations.
- Prepare efficient work schedule for Reception team, arranging holidays and vacation by coordinating with FOM, taking into consideration projected occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the Company’s Fire, Life and Safety requirements.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to be ahead of competition in terms of service delivery.
- P&L analysis including productivity and cost management and perform Duty Management shifts as per business requirement.
- Assist in planning for future staffing needs, assist in recruiting in line with company guidelines, prepare and administer detailed induction program for new team players.
- Assist in maintaining comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Reception team is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs by working together with Front Office Manager.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines, coach, counsel and discipline staff, provide constructive feedback to enhance performance and regularly communicate with team players to maintain good relations.
- Work collaboratively with FOM in preparing the expenses budget, and ensure that there are measures in place to manage each expense line within budget through efficiency in operation.
- Ensure vacation, Public Holidays and lieu days are used to the needs of the business.
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date.
As a Manager you are expected to demonstrate the following behaviours consistently:
- Hold self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Deliver by meeting tough deadlines and use specific performance measures to track progress and improve future performance.
- Take steps to follow through, ensure tasks are fully completed, independently check to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Develop detailed understanding of the market and guests’ need, challenge the way things are done, identify areas requiring change and suggest ideas to support the change.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability of own area, implementation and maintenance of brand standards and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all direct reports have Personal Development Plan to achieve their goals.
- Ensure that effective communication flow is maintained at all times.
- Actively participate in the community involvement projects and initiatives together with the hotel’s management team.
- Maintaining business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision.
Degree in hospitality management and/or similar work experience or certified accreditation.
Minimum 2 years’ experience as Reception or Duty Manager in 4/5* property with 300+ inventory.
Excel, Word, Power Point, FBM, Opera, computer skills.
Proficiency in Business English, Arabic and/or Russian language will be a strong advantage.