Overview of job
MediaCom are looking for a Digital Investment Director to work across an exciting range of Entertainment clients within the business.
Lead implementation and investment for these top tier clients, building and executing on exciting media partnerships with clearly defined and delivered on KPIs
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Marketplace
3 best things about the job:
- Working across globally recognised clients, with the freedom to deliver innovative media campaigns
- The opportunity to take full responsibility for recommendations and management of all aspects of the clients’ media campaigns – Planning, negotiation, investment, reporting and optimisations.
- Working as part of a large, dynamic and fully integrated client team within MediaCom, well supported to deliver on the above
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Established relationship with your team as well as with key stakeholders within the agency
- A clear understanding of client KPIs and a view on how to deliver against these
- A solid understanding publisher partnerships, and their impact to your client set
In six months, you would have:
- Leading the development of junior members in the team, ensuring they are delivering against SMART Goals
- Owning all digital activity from brief through to reporting
In 12 months, you would have:
- Be seen as a key part of the team both from the client and internal stakeholders
- Leading the Implementation planning and investment, delivering best in class work, demonstrating delivery against KPIs
- Driving investment strategy
- Unlocking value for clients
- First class implementation
- Deliver and execute best in class media plans, on time and with the know how to manage your way through any bumps in the road
- Ability to translate a strategy / channel recommendation into a business results focused Implementation Plan.
- Collaborative and motivated team player
- Willingness to work with, and learn from others within the agency to deliver a better outcome for your client and develop within the agency
- Understanding of the trading market
- Understanding of all media channels, with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each channel and the impact these have in delivering on the client objectives.
- Master negotiator
- Complete understanding of the macro trends in the marketplace with regards to revenue, supply, Innovation and development.
- Highly numerate with first class negotiation skills. Be able to construct negotiation strategies to deliver on clients objectives.
- Personal and professional
- Solid operator with ability to connect with your team, of all departments and levels.
- Leveraging the wider agency
- Don’t limit your thinking to the immediate client group. Use broader sectors, share knowledge from other groups.
- Fresh thinking – Take the time to develop and share fresh ideas
- Just because something didn’t work for one client doesn’t mean it won’t work for another
- Clear communicator
- Ability to convey your point of view and get buy in from team members and clients alike
- Articulate a point of view/opinion on trends/developments in the marketplace.
- Results Driven
- Passionate about delivering business results for clients, with the ability to identify and clearly articulate what’s working and why, linking media performance to business goals.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in digital media.
- Experience managing junior members of staff
- Understanding of the Australian digital media landscape and knowledge of the technology that powers this
- Experience with planning tools (e.g. Nielsen Answers) ad-servers and measurement tools (e.g. Nielsen OBE).
- Strong presentation and client management skills.
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.