The Field Service Technician is a skilled role with experience in the maintenance, support, fault finding and component replacement of wind turbine generators and peripherals. Field Service Technician will perform hands-on field service work on Wind Turbines, including but not limited to commissioning, troubleshooting, periodic maintenance, and minor maintenance, wind turbines range in power from 1.5 to 5.3 MW, es). You may be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnosis and repair maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical hydraulic and electrical problems on variable pitch and variable speed turbines
- Perform preventative, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on power plant equipment
- Install and repair heavy rotating machinery, turbines and generators.
- Perform commissioning on SCADA and or Wind Farm management system (WFMS) including troubleshooting.
- Work effectively as part of a team of technicians or independently
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) forms, and job reports in a timely manner
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical Eng preferred AND 1 year of “hands-on” experience maintaining and repairing mechanical/electrical equipment
- Experience in industrial outage maintenance desired
- Training will include and must successfully complete: Company and/or Supplier basic electrical and Mechanical LOTO training
- Basic level capabilities and responsibilities, with 1 to 3 year of relevant experience
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and experience utilizing handheld and power tools including and mechanical/electrical troubleshooting equipment.
- Experience in a hands-on mechanical position in an industrial environment highly desired.
- Strong mechanical/electrical technical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- In-depth safety training a major plus
- Strong computer, analytical and problem-solving skills and customer focus
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to effectively interact with customers
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet and maintain insurability standards to drive a company vehicle
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website [...] is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law