Requisition ID: 274876
Work Area: Communication
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) at SAP ANZ in Sydney is looking for a highly motivated, highly professional integrated communications specialist to work in a local communications function, primarily supporting external relations, customer storytelling and executive level thought leadership.
FOCUS OF POSITION
The focus of this position will be on collaboratively executing on an external communications plan to engage key audiences and influencers in support of the local SAP organisation in its growth objectives for 2020 and beyond. Support will be focused on communicating SAP’s local customer success, community engagement and innovation – through traditional and new media.
SAP's Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) unit is charged with driving perception among internal and external audiences of SAP as the world’s leading business solution provider, recognized thought leader, responsible corporate citizen, as well as employer, business partner and vendor.
In that context, the integrated communications manager is responsible for representing and meeting the communications needs of the business. In particular the candidate will:
- Work in a highly collaborative team setting to understand stakeholder requirements and identify communications opportunities
- Work with the SAP leadership team, local spokespeople and colleagues across business units to drive positive media coverage
- Work collaboratively with SAP customers and partners to create technology case studies
- Work closely with our Public Sector and Government Affairs teams
- Build and execute on external communications plans
- Develop engaging and innovative multi-media content for key audiences
- Conceptualise and manage external media and influencer events
- Deliver messages through innovative media and channels
- Manage our relationships with our agency partners in Australia and New Zealand
The candidate should exhibit the strong skills, experience and educational background required for high performance in a fast-paced, innovative company. These requirements include but are not limited to:
- Impeccable editorial and writing skills in English
- Native-speaker ability in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and networking skills
- Proven understanding of IT and business software market
- Proven experience in government affairs
- Experience working with large European/Global multinationals highly desirable
- Experience and affinity for new media and new communications technologies
- Proven experience in issues and crisis management
- 5-7+ years experience in media relations
- 5+ years experience in sales communications
- 5+ years experience in communications for IT-related field
- Agency and in-house experience required
- Experience working on the SAP brand highly desirable
- Degree in communications, journalism or linguistics
*Please note we will prioritise applications of those currently residing in Australia given restricted visa availability related to Covid-19.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.