Overview of job
Wavemaker Hong Kong is looking for a Media Planner to join our energetic team. You will be responsible as a supporting role in delivering planning recommendations and ensuring smooth account coordination internally and externally with our clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Associate Planning Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to learn integrated media planning skills from the experienced team lead
- Opportunity to learn full media planning skills across all traditional & digital media activities
- Work with young and energetic team
Measures of success
In three months:
- Have the Media planner role under control
- With strong knowledge of the various media vendors utilized
- Become a trusted team member to ensure seamless execution of media plans across these media platforms
In six months:
- Have the ability to independently manage campaigns with little supervision
- Be able to proactively propose media solutions to drive effective results for the business
In 12 months:
- Develop a media recommendation proposal independently
- Handle the implementation process independently
- Present media review and evaluation deck to client
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop implementation media plans and monitor the whole process from briefing to post buy
- Conduct competitive analysis and regular reports
- Assist in campaigns tracking based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies
What you will need:
- Preferably around 1 year working experience in media agency
- Excellent communication skills
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese
- Be a quick learner to embrace all new development in media industry
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.