Overview of job
As SEM manager, you will work within the Performance team at Ikon as the main point of contact for all things SEM. This is to both clients and within the agency. Your role will involve SEM strategic direction across each client, leading efficiency of optimisation and analysing relevant data ensuring client KPI’s are met. In addition, you will work with the Performance Director to manage the team that you’ll work closely with on a day to day basis.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Performance Director.
Three best things about the job:
- You’re part of a wider Performance team who you’ll work closely with on client briefs & campaigns
- Have autonomy to work through the solutions you believe will achieve your clients goals
- Develop excellent relationships with clients and becoming the key point of contact across all SEM advances
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Have met with each client, understood their business goals & demonstrated clear proficiency in account management
- Ensure full impact and efficiency of optimisation efforts are reported back to clients and targets are exceeded
In six months:
- Become AdWords certified across all modules
- Become DoubleClick certified
In twelve months:
- Proven track record of operational delivery, client success and team management
- Consult with other digital managers within the agency, maintaining their confidence in Ikon’s SEM product
Responsibilities of the role:
You are responsible for campaign management and results across all SEM clients within the Sydney office. Your role focuses on search strategy (working closely with not only the Performance team, but the SEO team to ensure complete alignment where necessary). Understanding client business goals and demonstrating proficiency in account management is your key focus. Managing the team daily to exceed client targets and expectations.
You will work on new business opportunities where you will be the key consult from an SEM perspective. You will keep abreast of the changing landscape and market conditions across client verticals allowing you to maintain your profile within the agency of an SEM thought leader.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate should be confident and opinionated with a strong knowledge of SEM. You must be passionate and treat the client’s money as if it were your own!
We love challenging here at Ikon, so be different but be honest. The below are a baseline of what’s required to get the job done:
- Google certified (Fundamentals & Advanced required)
- Proven track record of operational delivery, exceeding clients KPI’s
- Ability to multi-task & jump in where needed
- Experience in team management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of digital performance
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full service communications agency with over $380m in billings across offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Auckland.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client. For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below: