Requisition ID: SHA001184
MSD's Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – AP in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the APs region.
The incumbent will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the customer service for all applicable markets in the AP. Scope of position includes handling and resolving internal and external stakeholder requests pertaining to procurement process, invoice process, and employee expense management.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the Procure to Pay (PtP) Director to establish and grow the RDC –; provide strategic guidance and direction to PtP Accounts Payable function employees.
• Demonstrate full operational responsibility for the PtP Accounts Payable function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved, including operational performance, people management and development, and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
• Manage escalations as required on invoice exception processing, including open receipts
• Resolve transactional issues as needed and address process performance anomalies
• Assist in internal/external audits to ensure all appropriate controls are being followed
• Review and analyze existing procedures and seek to incorporate changes that will improve the department and/or business
• Maintain good relationships with key leaders in Expense Management, OMT/Invoicing, Customer Support and work strategically with these partners to advance the PtP function
• Review and approve work performed by staff in the Accounts Payable department
• Lead, participate, and support special projects as requested by leadership
• Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader MSD business; build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across MSD, specifically within the Americas region
• Act as a Business Partner to the market Finance Leads and business stakeholders; play a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the PtP function
• Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of MSD’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
• Oversee MSD’s strategic BPO and other partners that support the daily processing of settlements.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum of 3-5 years accounts payable or equivalent Finance or Shared Services experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading team of Procure to Pay professionals
• Business-level English and Japanese language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) Certification of either N1, N2
• Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
• Strong understanding of SOX requirements
• Experience working with Case/Ticket Management Software, specifically BMC Remedy
• Experience using SAP desired
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: MSD