Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
With more than 30 years of proven experience, SunPower is a global leader in solar innovation and sustainability. SunPower is a company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Our unique approach emphasizes the seamless integration of advanced SunPower technologies, delivering complete solar solutions and lasting customer value. We are passionately committed to changing the way our world is powered, and we are guided by our legacy of innovation, optimism, perseverance, and integrity.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
In order to unlock shareholder value, accelerate innovation and enhance customer value, SunPower will separate into two independent, publicly traded companies, strategically aligned and complementary, focusing on distinct offerings. Newly-formed Maxeon Solar Technologies will be the leading global technology innovator, manufacturer and marketer of premium solar panels, carrying on the decades’ long legacy in setting quality and performance standards.
As we look to the future, we are seeking a world-class Design Engineer based in ROHQ, Binan, Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower. Are you ready to change the way our world is powered?
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Design Subject Matter Expert for the Residential Business Unit. The Design Subject Matter Expert is largely responsible for effective knowledge transfer to the Design Engineering Team and is expected to interact directly with Design Engineering stakeholders for any new / update to the process to be cascaded to the Team. The Design Subject Matter Expert is also expected to conduct training needs analysis of the team, address knowledge gaps, and help ensure a high-performing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Applies advanced knowledge and expertise in resolving complex design issues
- Handles technical escalations from the team
- Trains the team for any product / design guideline update
- Facilitates process knowledge transfer to the Design Team
- Keeps the training materials, work instructions, standard operating procedures, knowledge base up to date
- Effectively executes Internal Quality Check
- Conducts training needs analysis to determine areas for improvement of the team
- Takes the lead to address knowledge gap among colleagues
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods to improve key processes
- Regularly interacts with Design Engineer colleagues and Team Lead for design process alignment
- Offers guidance and support to colleagues
- Coordinates requirements and priorities in the absence of Team Lead/Manager
- Resolves complex requirements conflicts through effective stakeholder engagement
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) or Architecture; Minimum: Technological Course Graduate
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge on PV System Design Tools (Autocad, Aurora, Pictometry, PVSIM)
- Proficiency in Design Softwares (Autocad)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work nightshift, weekends and US/PH holidays