McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employees are veterans.
The NAVSEA Representative Waterfront Engineer is responsible for providing support to HQ, TYCOM/Fleet activities and units, and maintenance organizations. The Engineer is stationed at the waterfront and acts as the Subject Matter Expert concerning the interrelations of ship’s life cycle-related conditions and their impact on specific ships’ expected service life. Additionally, the Engineer will track NAVSEA maintenance requirements on multiple Surface platforms, providing analysis and recommendations to, and in direct support of Navy life cycle maintenance strategies. This opening is in Manama, Bahrain and will be on site at the Navy Base. A highly qualified candidate will:
- Liaison with Type Commander and Regional Maintenance Center representatives to obtain information in support of class and ship maintenance schedules.
- Interact with government and private maintenance activities to schedule class maintenance plan work and life cycle impacting repairs.
- Access and collect unfiltered data to display in support of ship and regional maintenance activities maintenance. Utilize EXCEL, ACCESS and other database software applications to create data tables and charts.
- Manage databases to support assessment and inspection teams.
- Overlay and compile data from various databases and historic sources into a single cohesive picture utilizing data tables, pivot tables, pivot charts and standard charts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
- Able to update Navy databases and AIS applications.
- Able to professionally brief and relay information to senior Military personnel and large audiences.
High school diploma or GED and ten (10) or more years of relevant experience OR, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five (5) years or more of relevant experience OR a master's in a relevant field.
The applicant must have at least a SECRET level clearance (active).
- Related military or civilian experience
- 3-M Coordinator/Supervisor
- Experience working on Navy database projects such as 3M, OARS, and NMD.
- Experience as a Naval Supervising Authority Project Manager or a U.S. Navy Port Engineer.
McKean Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.