About the job
At Sephora, we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change every day. Senior Merchandising Manager plays a key role in that. As part of a dynamic team in HK, you will be responsible to lead the omni category strategy (across Skincare, Make Up, Haircare, Fragrance), promotional planning as well as store look and feel.
Through creative curation and storytelling in-store and across our digital channels, you’ll help our brands bring their assortment to life and delight our customers.
Get ready to think creatively, work strategically, and make your mark at a leading global retailer. Together, we're evolving, innovating, and reimagining the future of beauty and retail.
This position sits in the leadership team of Sephora HK and reports to General Manager directly. You will lead a team of 5 people across all Merchandising key functions: Category, Trade Marketing and Visual Merchandising.
You will shine here if you enjoy…
1) Building Strategies and Driving Results
- Leveraging product and market data, you will identify new trends, new brands and merchandising programs to optimize category growth and performance as defined in budget and strategic plans.
- You will develop and supervise the category team to execute strategies for brand growth, new product introductions, strategic expansions, reduction/exits of underperforming brands or products and improve supplier commercial terms.
- You will track OMNI sales performance and category reports by channel, markets, segments, margin, productivity, brand conversion & stock levels.
- You will work closely with brands and the category team to develop, manage, and optimize assortments to drive the development and productivity of each category.
2) Managing Brands and Launches
- You will drive the strategic relationship with top brands in Hong Kong and oversee over 130 brands and 9,000 products while clearly outlining long & short-term sales & profitability initiatives for Sephora HK.
- You will supervise the negotiation and review of trade terms with our business partners, and ensure a relevant assortment for each brand in accordance to the set linear productivity measure for each category.
- You will guide the team to develop the annual brand plan including product launch calendar and sales targets, and review/validate new product launches, key focus categories, pricing, forecasting of new/one shot/animation and ensure full collaboration across departments to ensure strong OMNI launch plans and execution.
- You will supervise animation slots booking for brands and promotions to drive sales and curate the product assortment. You will oversee target and stock ordering for animation thematics.
- You will be responsible for the Animation/VM budget and supervise all planning, production and execution of animations within Sephora, setting clear animation strategies which are in line with company, category & seasonal trends and creating strong excitement, customer engagement & visibility of trends.
3) Managing Floorplan & Planogram
- You will assign brands placement in stores in accordance with category principles.
- You will work with the team on brands fixtures, stocks and merchandising for new store opening, store renovation and subsequent updates according to launch timing.
- You will supervise a relevant, optimal assortment by brand according to the allocated space and guarantee that brands develop logical planograms.
- You will oversee Space Planning in collaboration between VM teams in HK and Shanghai.
4) Managing Stock
- You will work with supply chain and the category team to meet the company’s stockholding KPIs.
- You will review SOH with supply chain and coordinate action plans for SKUs with high stockholding and discontinued SKUs.
- You will ensure your team and supply chain meet launch dates and campaign timeline.
5) Being a Cross-Functional Leader
- You will lead a talented team passionate in OMNI beauty.
- You will be responsible to create clear category roles & responsibilities.
- You will train the category and trade marketing teams by ensuring proper understanding of scope & KPIs.
- You will collaborate closely with other functions in bringing the best in class OMNI experience to excite our customers.
- You will build strong relationships with top brands and advise them on the best way to plan and execute products launches, activations, and delight our customers, within their budgets.
We would love to hear from you if…
- You’re on top of what's hot, new, and trending in beauty, fragrance, and skincare.
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing.
- You have at least 8 years of experience in account, marketing, or multi brand management, ideally in the beauty or FMCG space.
- You have strong communication skills, and the ability to build relationships and influence team members at all levels.
- You have excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong ownership about the business and be able to be both strategic and hands-on at the same time in achieving goals.
- You have good attention to details to drive excellence in what you do.
While at Sephora, you'll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning. We invest heavily in training for our leaders and store associates. Not just product knowledge, but building a personalized career plan with you so you continue to evolve and build your skills.
- The culture. As a leading beauty retailer, backed by the LVMH luxury brand, our reach is broad and our impact is global. Yet there’s always room to explore. It’s in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty. You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
All the personal information collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.