Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the Worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
For our client, a well known and trusted company specialised in the international biodiesel market,
we are looking for a Sustainability expert in the field of renewable energy, fuel quality directives and the REDcert certification system. This ambitious company is currently working on a program in which upscaling and innovation of business processes are playing important roles. To improve the business operations, they are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Sustainability Specialist.
As a Sustainability Specialist you are responsible for proper compliance with REDcert standards and regulations, you perform audits (internally) and prepare them. You do not do this alone, because you work closely with the financial department, commercial experts and the supply chain department. You will report directly to the Compliance & Risk Manager, for day-to-day business matters you will work closely with the Finance & Tax Manager and the commercial department. You are the go-to person for all sustainability-related matters and answer questions from the company professionally. You are committed to improving the sustainability framework within this company by contacting the relevant authorities and keeping abreast of changing regulations.
The key accountabilities will include:
- Assess and change the classification of products;
- Monitor European and national sustainability regulations and inform internally relevant stakeholders;
- Review and improve procedures and conduct risk assessments;
- Review and improve internal control systems to ensure regulatory compliance;
- To be a sounding board for the traders and know how to deal with convincing (counter) arguments;
- Be the main point of contact for the company's REDcert auditors and manage the annual REDcert certification audit;
- Maintain and monitor the mass balance;
- Regular internal audits.
The ideal candidate for this vacancy is experienced on all sustainability issues, able to handle counter-arguments business-like and ready to work in an independent role in which he or she can formulate and implement sustainable work standards.
Furthermore it would be great if you have:
- Bachelor or higher in sustainability, environmental science or quality management;
- Expert in the field of renewable energy (RED / RED II) and fuel quality (FQD) guidelines and the REDcert certification system;
- At least 2 years of experience in working with REDcert or comparable certification systems;
- Excellent written and oral skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Directly a contract with our client, so no secondment contract;
- A challenging full-time position (40 hours) in a socially involved and environmentally conscious organization that is active in a global market;
- You will be working at the office, work from our other locations or from home is negotiable;
- A competitive salary (based on experience) and suitable secondary employment conditions;
- Room for personal development;
- Much autonomy and partly responsible for the growth of a growing company.