Requisition ID: 279337
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP’s strategy is to become THE most innovative cloud company powered by SAP HANA with focus on:
- Customer Experience
- Public cloud: Standard and suite solutions
- Business network: Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass
- Private cloud on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
SAP provides packaged solutions for 25 industries and 12 lines of businesses. It provides solutions for optimizing business-critical processes. In addition, it provides platforms for analytics. Last but not least, it provides solutions in procurement and trading; travel expense management; external workforce management; as well as customer engagement & commerce.
Culture: “Bring everything you are become everything you want”
At SAP, we believe you should treat the whole person, not just the person who comes to work every day. It is the sum that defines who you are.
Learn more about our culture and values by visiting.
This position leads the SAP Customer Experience business, which has a focus on five right-to-win solutions: SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C), SAP Commissions, SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Field Service Management (FSM). In February 2019, we added the CX components from Qualtrics the global leader in XM (Experience Management) to the SAP CX business.
SAP Customer Experience is in a very unique position as its focus customers are the 1000’s of enterprise business already using SAP in the back office for finance, supply chain, HR and other services. The opportunity for SAP’s existing customers is to benefit from connecting their back office with their front office – connecting their finance and marketing with supply chain and commerce. Innovation today is faster and lower cost when data is connected.
Today SAP Customer Experience offers customers the number 1 solution in B2B/B2C Commerce, the number 1 solution in Sales Performance management, the number 2 solution in CRM and the number 1 in Experience Management, plus leading solutions across identity, service, marketing and sales force management. SAP will continue to expand its investment in Customer Experience with the launch of a Customer Data Platform (CDP) at the end of calendar 2020.
With SAP’s Customer Experience solutions, businesses can:
- Bring sales, service, and social engagement in an integrated SaaS CRM system
- Deliver compelling Commerce experiences across B2B, B2C and D2C business models
- Gain a 360° view of customers to understand their needs in any given moment
- Use analytics and predictive insight to improve interactions across all channels
- Run your business anywhere, anytime on any device with a mobile-first approach
- Get up and running quickly and cost-effectively with subscription-based cloud CRM solutions
SAP is looking to recruit an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Head of Customer Experience SEA, reporting to the APJ Leader of Customer Experience, with a dotted line reporting to Managing Director of SEA. The Head of Customer Experience will be a member of SAP’s regional leadership team. The candidate will be based in Singapore with significant travel.
The Customer Experience market is growing 20% annually, and the addition of Experience Management increases the growth opportunity. SAP seeks someone who will take the SEA CX business to the next level, to achieve high double-digit (if not triple-digit) growth rates. The CX solution is equally attractive to existing SAP customers as well as those not currently using SAP – thereby providing two engines of growth.
The ideal candidate will bring both the software expertise (front office, customer engagement, business outcomes) and excellent sales leadership (disciplined process, value proposition, regular cadence). S/he will ideally have experience with both land / expand sales motions as well as strategic large complex deals. S/he will be able to work well with various sales groups within the entire SAP organization across APJ; and be able to leverage the entire SAP salesforce to drive sales of Customer Experience solutions.
- Work closely with the SAP CX and SEA management team to develop, agree and execute on the CX go-to-market across the market unit.
- Recruit, develop, coach, enable, and motivate a group of high-achieving A-players
- Understand the need for product innovation from the market and work with the product team to deliver innovation strategy.
- Demonstrate outstanding sales execution ensuring SAP’s Franchise for Success sales methodologies and common processes are in place and defining clear territory engagement guidelines
- Monitor and take necessary measures to ensure demand generation and adequate pipelines of opportunities for sustainable growth across SEA.
- Utilize a disciplined approach for successful solution selling (CX Model Engagement Approach), establishing and maintaining accurate, timely and documented sales revenue forecasting procedures, providing required updates to SAP executive management
- Build a network of relationships across industry, community and business groups, and with key partners and customers – while staying on top of business issues in order to provide meaningful strategic advice to help customers through integrated solutions
- Stay current and informed on all new campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, communicating to the Sales teams and ensuring all involved know the roles to play in making campaigns successful
- Support the development of solid SAP CX references
- Lead and facilitate a governance model that will leverage cross-LoB efforts
- Involve internal Virtual Account Teams as well as development and support organizations during the early stages of sales cycles in order to help achieve expected results
- Inspire and influence internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control; and help remove obstacles to goal achievement
- Lead each direct or dotted-line team member to deliver on quarterly/annual sales targets
- Facilitate alignment and communication among sales team, internal/external partners and customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage productive interaction
- Facilitate individual growth and development of Sales team, setting objectives, standards and priorities, coaching and acting as role model on sales approaches & account leadership
- Manage remote resources, dedicating quality time and leveraging company’s resources
- Embrace Value University proposal and requirements, leveraging SAP’s available tools and supporting people training initiatives
- A minimum of 15 years of sales leadership experience across SEA
- Deep experience in SaaS with a focus on business outcome delivery
- Achieved rapid top-line growth in cloud products
- Crafted and secured million-dollar software deals
- Built and upgraded sales organization and capabilities as revenues ramped up
- Led a highly-disciplined sales process with proper pipelines and accurate forecasts
- Integrated a smaller acquired company into a much larger multi-unit organization
- Managed business development, sales operations, presales, services, and support
- Sales leadership: Must be an accomplished senior sales leader with sound reputation, gravitas and a successful track record in strategic and consultative sales across a complex region
- Customizing strategies to build capabilities and achieve revenue growth, with equal focus on selling directly to end-customers and selling internally
- Upgrading sales teams to become increasingly productive and successful
- Putting in place disciplined and best-practice sales management processes
- Visionary and trusted advisor in customer experience
- Thought leader in the field of customer engagement and e-commerce
- Engaging clients’ CXOs, articulating value proposition of CX solutions – and thereby winning their trust and subsequent business
- Building and growing a customer engagement solutions organization
- Leadership across SEA, and being the driving force for innovation
- Building and growing a profitable regional organization
- Taking a portfolio approach to achieve targets, reduce dependency and develop talent
- Tailoring influence and stakeholder management to leverage partner resources in different markets across the region to amplify limited core capabilities – and to navigate around issues with organizational agility and imaginative solutions
- Entrepreneurial and high-energy, yet focused, disciplined and process-driven
- Reliable, resolute, resourceful and results-oriented; a hands-on entrepreneur
- Able to get along well with colleagues while putting his/her point across effectively
- Achievement-oriented with a healthy ambition – yet with ego in check
- Seen as an authentic leader with impactful leadership and influence
- Competitive with strong will to win; able to mentor, coach and inspire others to action
- Positive, can-do attitude
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.