The Sales and Business Operations ANZ position is responsible for coordinating the successful completion of the end-to-end sales and forecasting process for license and maintenance sales within the A&N and DBP business lines in Australia. This includes supporting Sales and Sales Management through data gathering, analysis, reporting and process coordination; monitoring and analyzing sales actual vs forecasts: advising on licensing and pricing; managing Software AG’s internal Global Deal Desk (GDD) deal approval process; monitoring the Salesforce.com Marketing and Sales (SaMS) system; and ensuring successful distribution of software to customers.
Sales and Business Operations are the business partners and trusted advisors to Sales to ensure that all requirements within the sales and forecasting process are achieved efficiently. This is a highly visible role working with senior sales management to develop and maintain a world class sales process, with governance processes and actively managed KPIs.
Essential Job Functions
- Sales Support – providing advice to Sales and Sales Management on Software AG’s sales processes and policies and be an active participant in sales strategy discussions
- Sales Process - interact with all internal business partners required in the execution and closure of sales transactions. e.g. Commercial Director, Finance, Technology Alliances, Partner Managers, Product Managers, HQ functions
- Analysis - analyzes sales and forecasting performance; prepare presentations and recommendations for sales and/or finance management
- Commission plans - reviews commission payment reports for accuracy and completeness
- SaMS - continual review of opportunity information in SaMS and creation of SaMS Accounts
- Licensing – In-depth understanding of license models in the Business Operations Manual (BOM)
- Pricing – support of internal PriSE pricing tool; assist and advise Sales with product configurations and pricing proposals
- Revenue Recognition - providing advice on deal structure (including PriSE files, IFRS sheets and contracts) to optimize revenue recognition
- GDD – monitoring GDD process; provide advice and training on best practice in using the GDD
- Distribution - monitoring, and ensuring, delivery of software is complete so that revenue can be recognized
- General – training of Sales, Finance etc. in SaMS, PriSE, pricing, GDD and revenue recognition
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a high performing sales environment with knowledge of sales operations processes
- Able to work in a team environment and possess exceptional organizational skills
- This position requires extensive experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook products; familiar with Salesforce.Com
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise briefings
- Self-motivation, eagerness to grow professionally, and commitment to self-development
- Is able to think logically and abstractly: recognizes discrepancies, connections and structures (analytical skills)
- Strong problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, meet deadlines and able to work independently. Good presentation skills and ability and confidence to interact with both internal and external customers. Ability to act with tact and discretion and a sense of humor. Must be responsible and able to handle confidential information.
- University Degree preferable, equivalent training or previous experience.
K key Competencies
- Strong background in licensing, revenue recognition, legal and sales forecasting
- Microsoft Office and Outlook proficiency
- Experience in developing and the ability to understand complex sales operations issues
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com application preferred
- Experience with multi-location company is a plus
- Team Work, Commercial Awareness, Communication, Influencing Others, Customer Orientation, Thoroughness, Self-Confidence, Flexibility.
- Management Career: Commercial Director, APJ