Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Infectious Diseases in accordance with the current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides high quality patient care in all aspects of Infectious Diseases according to his/her approved clinical privileges.
- Provides consultation (inpatient, and emergency room) upon request and responds in a timely manner within the prescribed time frame as outlined in hospital policy.
- Responsible for the timely completion, competencies, accuracy and eligibility of the medical record.
- Provides on-call service and ensures availability and response time within the prescribed time frame in accordance with hospital policy.
- Conducts daily morning rounds to identify patients ready for discharge. Ensures that discharge orders are written 24 hours prior to discharge.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to interns, residents and fellows as assigned.
- Participates in the Department's educational activities and training programs. Partakes in national and international medical conferences.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and continuing education requirements.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the company.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by the Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Follows all hospital-related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self-and others' education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized medical school
- Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in country of origin.