Harman Professional Solutions is seeking a “driven” sales professional with experience in the audio, video, lighting and control solutions business.
The Channel Sales Manager collaborates with a team of Business Development Managers to ensure the right sales channels are in place to successfully close contracts for partner programs, meet defined monthly goals, and ensure partner and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for the sale of the organization's products and solutions in a specified region or major geographical area. Provides ongoing support to distribution channel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct reports.
• Support customer programs with detailed account management support, supply plan creation, price negotiations, quotation preparation, etc.
• Program management of new business opportunities, including developing timing and resource plans, communicating with and coordinating internal operations resources to successfully meet customer requirements.
• Know the channel demand, analyze and set pricing, determine and manage the cost structure to develop a profitable business, and with these be able to develop the long term sales strategy and plan.
• Work with Director of Channel Sales to establish annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals.
• Prepare sales forecasts and growth plans for the specific regions.
• Facilitate new processes, tools, communications, training and methodologies to ensure sales program's success across teams and departments throughout the company.
• Oversee resource planning, reporting, territories, incentives and communications for the assigned team.
• Participate in client interactions to ensure training, customer satisfaction and management involvement regularly.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
• Minimum 5+ years experience in sales management with a proven track record of growing and sustaining sales revenue.
• Prior sales experience in audio, video, lighting and control products and solutions.
• Technical understanding and knowledge of audio, video, lighting and control systems, products, solutions, network, distribution and interfaces, etc.
• Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality.
• Strong stakeholders management especially in managing customer relationships.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment, while maintaining good customer relations at all times.
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, efficiently, and accurately from varying sources.
• Ability to take initiative, while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate assertiveness, and have a professional approach.
• Flexible with a high degree of determination and perseverance.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Willingness to travel regionally (up to 25%).
• Willingness to work in an office.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)