As the HR Assistant of GroupM you will support the HR Director by acting as the first point of contact for all queries from our people, whilst providing hands-on HR support to ensure HR & Talent operational processes and procedures are developed, implemented and carried out in accordance with the GroupM people strategy, relevant policies and current legislation. This role requires exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills. There is always a lot to juggle with a large volume of work and the pace is fast!
3 best things about the job:
- Great opportunity to develop your HR generalist skills in the world’s leading media agency group
- No two days will feel the same. You will have a highly social, fast-paced job, providing first class service to the incredible talent inside our agencies
- The scope for this role is never-ending, you will learn from other markets, both regional and worldwide
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Developing open, frank and positive relationships with colleagues throughout GroupM
- Demonstrating a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery of all documents produced
- Building a solid understanding of GroupM, and our agencies, and their policies and procedures
- Understanding the various GroupM employment contract templates and terms and conditions
In six months:
- Building trusted relationships with the agencies, having built credibility as reliable and responsive
- Coordinating and liaising with the Payroll team effectively and accurately
- Developing a solid relationship with the other GroupM Talent team members
- Delivering a high quality and consistent HR administration service across all agencies and employees
In 12 months:
- Take ownership of the daily administrative functions of the HR Team.
- Maintaining good working relationships with main contacts
- Considered an ally and problem solver
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the HR administration function offers a high quality and consistent service to all agencies and employees, whilst working to continually improve accuracy, processes and response times
- Monitor and prepare the summary of attendance, leaves, and tardiness of all agencies
- Update the HR SLAM database, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
- Support the onboarding and off-boarding processes by liaising with payroll to ensure all necessary details are accurately transferred to HR & Talent and payroll
- Prepare and update the 201 file of all employees
- Provide the Payroll team information regarding LWOP, salary changes, promotions, parental leaves, etc by payroll deadline
- Assist with the employee benefits portfolio, communicating regularly to ensure maximum awareness
- Work with the HR & Talent Manager to ensure all GroupM/WPP procedures are well understood and adhered to by all employees including ensuring the WPP online training courses are completed
- Ensure concern for quality and pride in all work produced; be consistently careful and methodical with a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery
- Prepare and process all government document for all employees
What you will need:
- This post is open to graduates with Bachelor’s degree in any of the following courses. BS. Psychology; Human Resource management.
- Preferably with 1 to 2 years’ experience in HR role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on approach to all tasks; taking an active and effective role in all day to day HR administration activities
- A hands-on and highly organized approach to all tasks in order to effectively manage a variety of different tasks on a daily basis
- Comfortable with ambiguity - flexible and adaptable with a willingness to learn and ‘muck in’ where ever needed.
- Be team! We are a small and nimble team, passionate about supporting each other to deliver the best all-around talent solution
GroupM is the parent company to WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, MEC and Maxus. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of the agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, talent, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring competitive advantage to our clients and our companies. For more information on GroupM, our agencies and WPP please visit www.groupm.com
Philippines market overview
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.