How do you build a better tomorrow? A spirit of constant improvement has made Maxeon Solar Technologies the world-renowned leader in solar innovation, and we thrive together to lead the fight against climate change.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar DNA, the company launched as an independent entity following its spin-off from US-based SunPower Corporation in August 2020.
Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products in more than 100 countries through a global network spanning more than 1,100 sales and installation partners. And Maxeon is powering positive change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster and farther than before. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality. And we thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world. Are you ready to power positive change?
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking for a Payroll Department Manager to manage overall payroll for North America, Philippines and other regions as needed. The Payroll Manager reports to the head of the Finance and Accounting Shared Services Organization to partner with Human Resource Department and Business Partners to develop and implement service level agreements (i.e. accuracy and timeliness of HRIS data, payroll reports, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manages overall activities of the payroll function for North America, Philippines and other regions as needed.
- Develops policies and procedures for payroll process and timekeeping.
- Partners with Human Resource Department and Business Partners to develop and implement service level agreements (i.e. accuracy and timeliness of HRIS data, payroll information, etc.)
- Leads and provides guidance for the entire Payroll Team.
- Responsible for managing the performance of the department and staff.
- Establishes capability of the team to handle cross-regional statutory requirements for payroll services specifically for expats in different entities across the globe
- Leads the team to deliver enhancement of processes and automation of reports without compromising internal controls.
- Plays a key role in the Payroll transition project of the Payroll clients.
- Ensures the timely generation of the company payroll, including labor distribution records, vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status.
- Reviews all government reporting requirements for labor cost, payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Reviews calculation and entries on sales commission and/or stock option administration.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Reviews the payroll register submitted by Payroll Team Leads to ensure quality and accuracy on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis.
- Reviews and approves monthly reconciliation and account analysis for payroll related accounts.
- Ensures that all employees and Payroll clients are paid accurately and on time.
- Checks coding of payroll costs to ensure correct allocation to departmental cost centers.
- Leads resolution of payroll concerns, queries and requirements.
- Reviews payroll accruals and ensures all are being recorded properly.
- Ensures that all statutory deductions such as withholding taxes, SSS, Medicare is being remitted including needed reports are submitted on time.
- Ensures compliance of SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) on Payroll.
- Approves monthly reconciliations and account analysis on assigned payroll accounts
- Prepares monthly and quarterly flux on income and balance sheet payroll account for cycle review material as required by Corporate Finance.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by his superiors concerning Payroll projects and other related matters
- Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
- Performs other duties may be assigned
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educational: Bachelor degree on Accountancy, preferably with major in Accounting
- Experience: At least 10 years experience on Payroll; Experience in managing and handling a team; Experience with International Payroll processing and in running US payroll
- Skills: Excellent in oral and written communication skills; Strong Personality and highly analytical;
- Achievement Drive - Basic competitive drive. The pervasive desire to win consistently and achieve goals set by self and others.
- Business Acumen - A basic understanding of business principles (e.g. market, financial, and strategic concepts.
- Coaching and Developing - The ability to accurately assess the development needs of others, provide constructive feedback, and take personal actions to support their development.
- Computer Knowledge - The ability to use computer hardware and software to improve productivity and support efficiencies.
- Customer Service Orientation - A fundamental focus on helping and serving others.
- Empathy and Personal Insight – Insight into self and others – the ability to read and understand the non-verbal dimensions of behavior.
- Failure Analysis - The ability to quickly and accurately identify the root causes of technical and process breakdowns.
- Impact and Influence - The ability to use a variety of strategies and tactics to influence people and outcomes; more than simply a skill, it implies a basic orientation toward influencing and persuading others.
- Initiative and Independence - A strong and natural inclination to take ownership of issues and events, seize opportunities and function with minimal direction.
- Information Seeking/Innate Curiosity - The inclination to take nothing at ¡°face value.¡± Consistent searching and probing for information in the service of achieving competitive advantage.
- Listening and Responding - The ability to actively listen and respond appropriately also known as interpersonal sensitivity.
- Planning and Time Management - The ability to plan, prioritize and manage one’s time efficiently.
- Relationship Building and Networking - The ability to establish meaningful relationships with customers and colleagues and use these relationships appropriately in achieving goals and objectives.
- Segment Knowledge - A thorough understanding of the customer segment(s) one predominantly serves.
- Selective Attention to Detail - The ability to manage significant amounts of data efficiently, extracting what is truly important and meaningful.
- Self-Confidence - A strong, balanced opinion of one’s abilities, convictions and actions.
- Smart (problem solving) - Using one’s intellectual ability in effective ways, analyzing and solving problems, conceptualizing solutions, I thinking outside the box.
- Team Leadership - The ability to in involve, motivate and lead by directing and leveraging the strengths of the individual and group.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – A genuine orientation toward working cooperatively with others, being part of a team, and working collaboratively as opposed to separately.
- Technical Knowledge - A thorough working knowledge of Company products, technical issues facing customers, and general industry trends; the ability to use technical language and convey technical knowledge in establishing and building credibility.
- Tenacity and Resilience - The ability to recover quickly from setbacks and patiently pursue goals regardless of obstacles.
- Recruiting and Hiring – The ability to identify and attract people who can make a contribution to the success of the company.
- Educational: Certified Public Accountant
- Experience: Oracle HRIS Experience
- Skills: Sarbanes Oxley
- Customer Knowledge - A thorough knowledge of customer products, needs, and opportunities.
- Negotiation Skill - The ability to effectively persuade customers and colleagues in order to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
- Organization Understanding - A complete understanding of the Company organization in which one works, i.e., understanding of formal and informal structures and hierarchies, understanding of politics, knowing who influences whom, and where to go to make things happen.
- Presentation Skill - The ability to compile and present information in a manner that informs and persuades the audience.
- Process Management - The ability to coordinate business processes and information flow effectively between Company and customers.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- The position is based in SunPower Philippines Manufacturing Ltd office in Biñan, Laguna