This job position is located in Kuwait and supports the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD) requirement for Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services. The FSR will provide operation, maintenance, and supply support for the Joint Portal Shield (JPS) Systems at Camp Buehring and Camp Arifjan.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described – performs related duties as requested)
- Performs daily operation and maintenance tasks for the Joint Portal Shield (JPS) system at the fielded sites.
- Provides operation, maintenance, and supply support for the Joint Portal Shield System.
- Perform and support all required maintenance actions (i.e., Operator’s, Field Level maintenance, and Sustainment Level maintenance to sustain the Joint Portal Shield system at its prescribed readiness condition.
- Operates the JPS in a contingency, expanded Threat Condition (THREATCON) Delta role when notified by the Government, usually during exercises, VIP visits or events, or increased threat readiness levels.
- Perform system modifications and upgrades to replace obsolete parts, including all routine, urgent, and emergency Modification Work Orders (MWOs).
- Distinguishes between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
- Perform installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electronics equipment.
- Stock and maintain sufficient quantities of LRUs, SRUs, and repair parts to support daily operations and preventative maintenance.
- Perform software upgrades and application of IA security patches.
- Maintain supplies, consumables, expendables and durables and repair parts in support of all JPS systems for both normal, daily, routine and contingency operations.
- Interfaces with the installation CBRNE response cell or Emergency Management and keep customer relations to ensure smooth and efficient emergency response.
Level of Supervision: Works unsupervised in a reliable manner to complete all tasks within schedule and quality standards.
Required Education & Experience: (or equivalent)
- High School Degree or GED. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Prior experience maintaining US Military force protection systems, preferred experience with Joint Portal Shield Systems / Subsystems.
- Prior experience maintaining chemical / biological detection equipment.
- Experience operating and maintaining commercial or military power generation equipment, 5-10 KW preferred.
- Experience performing diagnostic and repair of electronic systems, components, wiring harnesses, Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)
- Experience using maintenance management software to record maintenance and supply transactions (Maximo preferred).
Knowledge & Skills:
Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
Must be physically able to travel for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift heavy objects.
IAP COVID-19 Policy: All IAP employees will be required to adhere to IAP’s COVID-19 vaccination policy upon hire by submitting proof of full vaccination or requesting the medical or religious accommodation request procedure that must be approved prior to their effective start date. Customer site, State and Federal vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over IAP’s vaccination policy.
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.