Purpose of Role:
- The incumbent manages a vendor portfolio of toy manufacturing companies. The job holder will be a member of the Strategic Sourcing Council, reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Director in charge of the Vendor Management team.
- The job holder is accountable for the business relationship, performance and cost savings from the assigned vendors. He/she is the key interfaces between assigned vendors and Hasbro organization, ensuring that Hasbro keeps leverage in this complex and challenging business relationship and ensures the ‘one Hasbro face/voice’ in the multi-functional and multi-level relationship with the assigned vendors.
- Given the drive towards establishing a global sourcing footprint, the mission is to ensure that the vendor management transitions from a 'project by project' or ‘incident’ basis by individual functions to an integrated and holistic vendors management approach.
- As member of the Sourcing Council, the incumbent will actively contribute to the definition and implementation of the GDSO vendor base strategy and business allocation process.
- The job holder will support the costing and product development teams in their negotiations and cost discussions with vendors.
- Ensures current and future vendor base has the capabilities to develop and deliver the 5-year product plans of safe, sustainable and reliable products on time, in full and at competitive costs
- Drive the Full Potential in Sourcing and enable GDSO to deliver US$130~150M product cost saving by the next 5 years.
- Ensures alignment between Sourcing Strategies, GBT/Category priorities and Product Development and Engineering Roadmaps
Quality of Sourcing Plans:
- Responsible for cross functionally aligned & supported sourcing plans with the 2~3-year vendor allocation strategy per category, based on business priorities, product line plans, manufacturing capability requirements, vendor performance & competitiveness and cross functional & strategic sourcing considerations.
- Ensures solid supply base risk mitigation plans across categories, vendors, geography, political, inflation, trade, etc.
- Ensures that the agreed Sourcing Plans are supported and implemented in New Product Development and Carry Forward vendor selection decisions.
- Ensures that all cost-saving levers (commercial negotiations, value engineering, ACR, CVP, “should be” costing, deep-dives) are identified and applied
Sourcing Excellence & Vendor Performance:
- Systematically assess current and new vendors with effective segmentation / tiering to ensure healthy supplier pipeline to support current and future Category/GBT requirements/priorities.
- Establishes Vendor Account Plans to continuously improve performance and push for excellence via Strategic Business Initiatives and Capability Building Programs.
- Prepares and leads the Joint Business Planning meetings and Vendor Scorecard & business reviews. Ensures that proper Corrective Action Plans (CAP) are in place to bridge any performance gaps and followed through.
- Facilitates vendor competence development on Supply Chain, Product Development and Manufacturing with clear objectives and metrics at assigned vendors
Vendor Account Management:
- Manage interfaces between vendors and Hasbro, ensuring that Hasbro keeps leverage in the business relationship
- Escalation for Quality, Engineering, Costing, Planning and Supply Chain Management to get priority from vendor leadership.
- Ensure Master Purchasing Agreements are in place
- Ensures vendor compliance to Hasbro Ethical Sourcing Policy and facilitate implementation of CAP
- Maintaining database, tools & loading plans, as well as leading continuous improvement projects requiring a diverse understanding of internal reporting tools, and manufacturing capabilities, as well as an ability to influence cross functionally to drive continuous change and improvement.
Years of Experience Required
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years of procurement experience in an international environment
- Ideally with experience in change management and managing sourcing process improvement projects.
Technical Skills Requirement
- Graduate from technical university with Master Degree, preferably mechanical or industrial engineering with business management
- Excellent command of English skills, both oral and written
Soft Skills Requirements
- Work with senior leaders at Hasbro to define KPIs for the team ·
- Be the escalation point of the operational team, ensuring KPIs are achieved and is aligned with company’s strategy and vision
- He/she will act as the escalation point for complicated issues and operational challenges
- With a strong visionary mindset and be able to influence the team members to understand company’s strategy and how it is related to their daily work
- Strong teamwork capability, be able to cooperate with colleagues from different background, department and levels
- Respects the process and company’s practices while not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Passionate, flexible, ability to deal with uncertainty in a challenging environment
- Able to withstand pressure and be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills with “can-do” attitudes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 30%