Working as a Customs Specialist at XPO Logistics - Venlo
Always wanted to have a job that crosses borders? In addition, are you familiar with international documents and / or processes? And have you always wanted to be known internationally. Then read on! We are looking for a Customs Specialist in Venlo. This position can be performed either as full or part-time.
What do you do as a Customs Specialist
As a Customs Specialist you are responsible for correctly completing and monitoring all occurring customs documents and processes. By ensuring the flow of information and goods runs smoothly, you help ensure that our logistics processes run smoothly and that there are no delays. If necessary, you solve the problems that arise with customs technical activities. XPO Logistics is AEO certified, as a Customs Specialist you ensure that we maintain our AEO status (and other certifications).
What will your duties be as a Customs Specialist:
- Keeping up with changing customs requirements and EU legislation
- Writing, monitoring and complying with work instructions and procedures, providing input to the manager, also checking AO / IB procedures
- Collecting and checking all necessary (and additional) customs technical information or fiscally relevant information (certificates, permits, documentation pertaining to type of goods, type of customs clearance and relevant country)
- Identifying irregularities or inaccuracies and reporting them to the manager
- Conducting a purification administration
- Processing monthly declarations, both for incoming and outgoing shipments and customs (bonded warehouse)
- Liaising with customs officials
What should you be able to / own:
- You have a higher vocational education level of work and thinking and are in possession of the Declarant professional diploma
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- You are accurate, flexible and able to set priorities
- Good command of the Dutch and English language
- You are aware of current customs legislation
What do we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- You will work in the warehouse of a major fashion brand
- A dynamic organization, in which room for personal input and development are central
- The control over your own success and the necessary support for your development
- A position with a lot of responsibility, in which no two days are the same
- A pleasant working atmosphere with nice colleagues in logistics
Your work environment
You will work as a Customs Specialist in one of the most modern warehouses located in Venlo. In this warehouse of 60,000 m2, you will report your activities to the Customs Manager and your team consists of various specialists in the field of customs and international trade. The team consists of a mix of different nationalities, young and old. The atmosphere is informal and cozy.
Want to know more about XPO Logistics? Watch the video below or visit our website nl.xpo.com
[ENG] XPO Logistics - Let's move the world forward - YouTube
In short, this is the next place you want to work
For more information, please contact Magda Rejman, Corporate Recruiter, she can be reached on +44 20 3974 6664. (London)
Then apply via the button and leave your recent CV.
XPO is a leading provider of advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies. We help our customers manage their goods as efficiently as possible using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative employees of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Customer satisfaction, personal growth of employees and sustainability are central to the XPO Logistics business philosophy. Today, this ambitious company is one of the top 3 largest logistics service providers in the Netherlands.