Leads Obstetrics & Gynecology department in accordance with the vision, mission, goals, and objectives. Responsible for the overall administrative activities of the Department in addition to the clinical duties as Consultant.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Performs clinical duties and actively engages in clinical practice.
- Collaborates with Nursing, Clinical Services, Administration, and Support Services in the provision of patient care.
- Generates timely and highly accurate reports for all procedures conducted within the department.
- Develops the Department Strategic Plan and Goals and Objectives in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical Affairs and provides annual reports on the progress of the Goals and Objectives.
- Organizes, supervises, monitors and maintains medical and clinical services and programs to provide high quality patient care. Ensures ethical adherence in the Department. Ensures adequate and uninterrupted supervision of the Department at all times.
- Responsible for the selection, recruitment and retention of competent professional staff in the Department through effective use of ongoing credentialing, review of privileges and assessment of all staff in the Department. Evaluates adequacy of staffing. Ensures that there exist appropriate Departmental mechanisms and processes to provide physician coverage at all times.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the annual operating budget of the Department and for the efficient and cost effective operation of the Department within allocated resources in accordance with outcome measures defined by Medical and Clinical Affairs.
- Prepares the annual Capital Equipment budget for the medical and clinical units associated with the Department, in conjunction with Nursing Affairs and Clinical Services where applicable.
- Conducts annual evaluation reports of Department staff, in consultation with Section Heads where applicable, and makes recommendations to Medical and Clinical Affairs. Based on this evaluation, determines the increment of the staff. Professional leave, business leave and extra professional leave will be based on his evaluation. Annual performance bonus will be based on evaluation and appraisal. Maintains just and fair treatment of all staff.
- Responsible for the overall quality of patient care. Supports and promotes the implementation of Quality / Performance Improvement Programs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing key performance and clinical indicators and relevant benchmarking of departmental clinical outcomes with international organizations.
- Responsible for establishing structures that ensure practices by department staff promote a culture of excellence, are in line with the hospital values and continuously improve the patients' experience.
- Responsible for organizing, supporting and promoting activities by staff that promote community involvement and responsibility.
- Responsible for enforcing and monitoring adherence of all members of the Department to the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Medical Advisory Council.
- Obtains feedback from all customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required. Uses the feedback to improve quality of patient care.
- Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted coverage in the Department. Manages the work
- Recommends appointment/assignment of Deputy Chairman, Section Heads, medical and Program Directors within the Department.
- Establishes guidelines for granting of clinical privileges; reviews credentials of new applicants to Medical Staff and makes recommendations regarding appointment and clinical privileges; and monitors adherence of Department members to granted clinical privileges. Recommends to the Executive Director, Medical and Clinical Affairs immediate modification of clinical privileges for members of the Department whenever necessary to ensure patient safety.
- Promotes effective Departmental communication and/ or transactions internally/externally.
- Ensures of optimal utilization of all resources efficiently within the department and coordinates the same across the Hospital.
- Acts as a leader and a role model and promotes a culture of excellence.
- Promotes medical research initiatives in the Department in compliance with the guidelines of the Research Advisory Council.
- Promotes the provision of Postgraduate Training Programs. Continuing Medical Education activities and other required educational and training courses; and ensures the availability of mechanisms for evaluating and reporting such activities
- Promotes the mentoring and training of junior staff, trainees and medical students by Staff
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties, responsibilities, and assignments as required.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a medical school in good standing, completion of required period of postgraduate training in a specialty and/or subspecialty, with Saudi/American Board or Canadian/UK certification, or equivalent as outlined by the Medical Staff Credentialing Committee.
- Ten (10) years of clinical experience in a subspecialty including four (4) years in admin capacity, plus post-training experience is required.