Primary Location: Qatar
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2020
Unposting Date: Oct 29, 2020
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
- Oversee detailed design and engineering activities for all civil and structural aspects of assigned projects, including the formulation of engineering and procurement/material and construction specifications to ensure alignment to project goals.
- Coordinate civil and structural review and approval of the design, equipment, and interface with contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate and provide civil and structural design support for all project construction activities, including the assurance that detailed and construction engineering data are available at the site.
- Carry out technical reviews for all areas of work covered in civil engineering and infrastructure projects. These include land surveying, geotechnical and site investigation, roads, residential commercial and industrial buildings, water storage and distribution, drainage systems, retaining wall while evaluating requests and recommended appropriate solutions.
- Prepare updates on weekly progress, drawings and documents availability, and schedule look-ahead, etc.
- Carryout detail design of steel/concrete structures/equipment foundations/ buildings. etc.
- Carry out design adequacy checks of existing structures, foundations, etc. for any modified conditions in line with standards and industry guidelines.
- The civil engineer shall be responsible for the effective execution of Civil engineering as aspects of assigned projects/programs for all civil aspects such as infrastructure and structures in line with the defined plans and standards, shall work according to established company policies and procedures and best practices using own initiative to answer technical queries/resolve problems.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience, 8 of which has been in conceptual studies, FEED and detailed design of onshore structures
- Candidates presently in Qatar will be preferred due to COVID19 related travel and visa limitations
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Should be able to use the latest structural software such as but not limited to:
- StaadPro, Sap 2000, Mathcad, Autocad, etc.
- Must be able to prepare 3D structural models for concrete/steel structures and use this software to prepare structural calculations and design checks and structural adequacy checks of existing structures.