Work at DOD facility in Kuwait to operate, maintain and service Armor Inspection System (AIS), and inspect body armor plates for integrity, while working as part of a small team of personnel.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described – performs related duties as requested)
- Technicians will follow directions from the team leader supporting non-complex engineering tasks.
- Technician will assemble, troubleshoot, and operate the system utilizing mechanical drawings and manuals.
- Technician is responsible for specifying and procuring basic components and supplies, supporting the set up and monitoring of the systems tests, and documenting results.
- NDTE Technicians will conduct troubleshooting procedures on the circuit-level control wiring, physical inspections, and scanning processes, to include the proper use and application of the RUPS-Hybrid and the EMD repair kit.
- Unpacking and packing body armor plates.
- Prepare packing materials.
- Load and unload AIS Make minor cosmetic repairs to body armor plates.
Level of Supervision: Works supervised in a reliable manner to complete all tasks within schedule and quality standards.
Required Education & Experience:
- HS Graduate or GED
Contractor personnel shall demonstrate:
- At least 3 years of experience in the last 5 years reading and utilizing mechanical drawings and manuals
- At least 3 years of experience in the last 5 years performing general electrical control and electronic troubleshooting,
- At least 3 years of experience in the last 5 years with circuit-level troubleshooting and system-level control wiring troubleshooting.
License & Certifications:
Forklift certification a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
Prior experience with NDTE program a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
This is a physically demanding job. Constant lifting and moving body armor plates. Frequently moving 25 or more pounds.
This is an OCONUS position.
Possession of a U.S. Government Secret clearance.
IAP COVID-19 Policy: All IAP employees will be required to adhere to IAP’s COVID-19 vaccination policy upon hire by submitting proof of full vaccination or requesting the medical or religious accommodation request procedure that must be approved prior to their effective start date. Customer site, State and Federal vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over IAP’s vaccination policy.
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.