Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Location: Sohar, Oman (reporting into UAE region)
The Company: Timken South Holdings (Pty) Ltd subsidiary of the The Timken Company
For more than a century, Timken associates have pioneered ideas and engineered solutions that help our customers shape what’s next—on this planet and beyond. Our mission to move the world forward begins with each of our associates. We’re committed to delivering next-level performance as we extend our lead in key markets and expand into new ones.
If you are passionate about developing new business opportunities, solving problems, enjoy challenges, providing solutions and providing excellent customer service - this position is for you! The ideal candidate will have a solid technical service engineering track record in the industrial market space in Oman.
Scope of the position:
To provide advanced service engineering support relative to application and growing of company products . To integrate the knowledge and experience of a Technical Service Representative for the region by coordinating a complete spectrum of technical services to the customer plant and design engineering interface associated with avoidance and resolution of all problems relating to product quality and performance. Provide technical support for all regions as and when required.
The resulting customer relationships are then leveraged to promote Timken bearings and related products and/or services to selected key customers and to support through technical consultation, various bearing and service business development tactics of specific strategy industries. Provide feedback of opportunities to his/her direct manager to take action. Continue to strengthen customer relationships and grow the business through providing superior technical solutions and support.
To provide analysis, product design, application engineering services, engineering document control and failure analysis within AS9100 and Timken specific procedures (where applicable), to products that are the responsibility of Timken, if and when needed.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Maintaining a presence and ever improving relationship with major customers through a regular schedule of service calls and rapid response to requests for assistance with quality and/or performance problems.
- She/he uses is Service Engineering experience to provide superior service to customers and be considered as a bearing leader by them. He also supports and trains his peers with acquired knowledge from previous experience.
- Instructing and training customers in all aspects of all Timken products and services. Proper bearing installation, maintenance and damage diagnosis /prevention practices and to advise/report on any situation which may give rise to product liability concerns.
- Rendering technical assistance with specific aspects of bearing application development in support of business renewal with appropriate coordination with and through sales engineers.
- Timely reporting of all customer (and distributor) service related activity (includes performance issues, quality complaints, trends competitor activity, new applications, repair opportunities, etc.).
- Providing any or all of the aforementioned services to specific customers outside of assigned territory on an emergency basis and effectively coordinate responses and corrective actions across business segments and geographic regions (including international-overseas assignments).
- Assist with technical queries as an when they arise, and to assist with product development and implementation of new applications.
- Assist sale teams in the identification of new product opportunities for the region.
- Advise customers on the correct bearing selection / application of Timken’s products from interpretation and implementation of customer specification / requirements.
- Maintains contact with existing customers to contribute to the maintenance and development of long term relationships.
- Provides technical solutions to prevent and resolve application performance problems and thereby maximize operational uptime for strategic customers.
- Maintains close links with all internal teams to ensure that any changes or issues are actioned effectively (including warranty and quality).
- Build and maintain communication and relationship with customers, gain full insight into key end-user accounts (install base, supply chain, competition, etc.), and present technical presentations and understand customer feedback.
- Maintain technical awareness of, and participation in the market place, through reading, visiting existing and prospective customers, attending seminars, trade fairs, training programs, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma and / or a BSc Mechanical degree and / or B. Tech (Mechanical) or country equivalent.
- Artisan Trade will be an advantage.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in a related service engineering / technical function within a manufacturing/industrial industry.
- Proven history of technical service engineering / manufacturing experience.
- Strong aptitude of mechanical systems - ability to read mechanical engineering drawings and suggest application recommendations.
- Solid industry knowledge of the region
- Project engineering / contract management experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- SAP & CRM system experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in business English, speaking and written communication.
- Ability to compose own correspondence in English. (e.g. letters, reports, proposals, quotations).
- Experience in multinational company will be helpful.
- Flexibility - willingness to travel to 60% of the time.
- The incumbent must be a citizen of Oman.
- Unendorsed driver’s license.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage with customers technical matters and provide hand on assistance / solutions.
- Ability to deliver presentations to customers at all levels in the organisation.
- Understand & speaks segment technical language.
- Demonstrating technical hands on experience.
- Decision making and mechanical problem solving techniques.
- A strong personality, balanced with excellent diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt to different countries cultures in the region.
- Perseverance and positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Maintain the corporate image.
- Self-motivated and initiative to achieve objectives, with minimal supervision.
- Working idepenently.
- Work well with a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status. When selecting the successful applicants, The Company will be guided by the best practices relating to appointments, the company’s recruitment and selection policy.