International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated award based in Amman, Jordan with remote management of data collection teams in Syria. There will be frequent travel to Istanbul, Turkey, Beirut, Lebanon and Erbil, Iraq. This project will establish and undertake independent monitoring program inside Syria and aims to increase partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management, technical guidance and direction to the team.
- Manage and oversee the completion of all deliverables and compliance requirements under this contract.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client, IBTCI Home Office, Implementing Partners and subcontractors.
- Ensure flexibility to adjust to changing client needs and political developments in the region.
- Manage third-party monitoring organizations in Syria remotely.
- Ensure quality control, compliance and completion of all technical outputs and deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance to client and implementing partners to define and determine data collection methods, monitoring processes and performance metrics intended to measure results.
- Communicate accomplishments and concerns of field findings in a professional manner.
- Provide on-going capacity building and mentorship to the technical and third party verification teams.
- Participate in generation of program-wide reporting products.
- Develop adequate duty of Care and Do No Harm protocols are adhered to by all team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience managing third party monitoring projects, monitoring and evaluation support projects and/or large scale evaluations highly desirable.
- Prior experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Demonstrated ability to work on programs implemented in Syria strongly desired.
- Proven experience managing sub-contractors preferred.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program desired.
- Oral and written fluency in Arabic preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development or transition field required.
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams required.
- At least 3 years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science or related field plus 12 years of experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.