The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Liquidity and Cash Management is made up of almost 10,000 people, across more than 60 countries. The business is uniquely positioned to help clients make payments across borders, across currencies and regulations, quickly and cost effectively with dedicated in country and regional support. Our expertise in this area is repeatedly recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations with numerous global, regional and country awards.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a VP, Account Manager, China Desk.
- Manage a portfolio of China headquartered or multi-national corporations
- Be accountable for the identification of opportunities for delivering Client Service excellence locally and regionally and effectively managing any risks and issues
- Identify and introduce service improvements to improve the overall client experience
- Resolve cash management related client service issues and challenges as the final escalation point
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes, eliminate redundancy, increase revenue and strengthen relationships
- Identifying and recommending Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) products and providing superior service support for all GLCM solutions
- Analysing clients activities and providing advice and suggestions for client improvement
- Generate cross country and function referrals including Global Businesses, e.g. Private Banking, GBM, RBWM, as appropriate
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Interaction with other global GLCM units including clients, global service teams, Sales, Product Management and other elements of Client Management.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to senior management and ongoing partnership with client service teams
- Maintain regular dialogue with client service staff to foster teamwork and cooperation
- Provide guidance to in country staff on service related issues
- Identify areas for improvement, devising and implementing well planned strategies to ensure best practices are adopted
- Identify client requirements, working with RM’s and Product Managers to address their needs and enhance client experience, thus seeking to expand HSBC’s share of our client’s business
- Work closely with Sales to provide input and ensure proper levels of support are achievable
- Degree holder
- This role in the China Desk will have daily frequent liaison with China HQ and multi-national corporations, hence, fluent written and spoken Mandarin is highly preferred
- Previous experience working in the banking industry and with China HQ multi-national corporations will be an advantage
- Knowledge of industry standards related to Cash Management products and services
- Experience with or knowledge of local regulatory requirements related to Anti-Money Laundering
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customer’s business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Strong range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Experience in driving team and individual performance to achieve customer and financial targets
- Strong leadership and team motivational skills
- Proven coaching and performance management skills.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.