The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Regional Credit Risk Manager.
- Responsible for supporting the Regional Head of Secured Lending Risk on overseeing credit risks for retail secured lending portfolios with primary focus on secured wealth lending programs such as marketable securities based lending, insurance financing and investment lending
- Partner with regional and country teams on business expansion initiatives (new markets, segments, channels, etc.) and provide guidance for balanced and sustainable growth
- Independently lead and drive enhancements to lending norms related to various secured portfolios including wealth lending
- Represent the Regional WPB Risk function in senior management forums, as required, and effectively challenge risk positions beyond the risk appetite
- Work closely with country and Regional Analytics teams to gain valuable insights for policy decisions, develop and enhance existing dashboards
- Routinely perform analysis on or assess quality of portfolio and challenge existing processes
- Identify early warning signals and emerging risks, and propose actions to effectively control bad debts within appetite
- Oversight of policy and governance framework, practices and standards to ensure effective risk management
- Conduct thematic study and cross-country benchmarking on policy/standards for best practice sharing and enhancement
- University graduate with extensive banking experience in retail credit risk management
- Strong analytical capabilities. Knowledge on SAS or other data mining tools preferable
- Prior experience in a secured wealth lending environment or experience with capital market products such as equities, bonds, structured products and unit trusts will be a big plus
- Good understanding of consumer credit cycle, use of scorecards or analytics, product knowledge and profit dynamics
- Ability to surface risks and institutionalize sound risk management controls
- Ability to analyze business problem, recommend effective credit policies and risk mitigations in highly complex situations
- Sound communication and organization skills
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.