How do you build a better tomorrow? A spirit of constant improvement has made Maxeon Solar Technologies the world-renowned leader in solar innovation, and we thrive together to lead the fight against climate change.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar DNA, the company launched as an independent entity following its spin-off from US-based SunPower Corporation in August 2020.
Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products in more than 100 countries through a global network spanning more than 1,100 sales and installation partners. And Maxeon is powering positive change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster and farther than before. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality. And we thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world. Are you ready to power positive change?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the company’s regular accounting and compliance work.
- Manage the month-end close process by ensuring proper cut-off, reconciling accounts, and analyzing changes in the balance sheet & profit and loss statements within given time frame.
- Manage various aspects of the balance sheet and P&L in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP and local reporting.
- Manage inter-company accounting, accruals, prepayments and financial variance analysis for budget/forecast.
- Provide monthly inter company confirmations and reconciliations with related companies.
- Perform monthly GL closing activities and generate relevant Oracle reports.
- Coordinate monthly close & perform finance shared service accounting activities and process according to established SLA with corporate/APAC entities.
- Perform monthly analysis of financial statement to ensure the accuracy.
- Support internal and external US GAAP, local GAAP audit & SOX audit.
- Liaise with auditor on interim/annual audit within the corporate reporting calendar.
- Manage balance sheet accounts & reconciliations: cash, AP and intercompany receivable and payable, including daily transactions maintenance.
- Develop schedule and analysis to support quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Monitors and tracks cash flow, prepares cash flow forecast reports for all the entities in charge.
- Support any ad hoc or process improvement project.
- Maintain a strong financial control environment and ensure timely escalation.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Applies intermediate subject matter knowledge, including principles, theories and concepts, to solve a variety of common business issues.
- Refers particularly complex issues to higher levels for resolution.
- Works on moderately complex problems and projects.
- Engages in situational and/or data analyses requiring the review of multiple factors.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Works independently, seeking advice from management and more senior team members when complex situations are encountered.
- Seeks ways to enhance team and work group performance.
- Collaborates within and outside area of responsibility.
- Proactively seeks to understand technical content and new or unfamiliar delivery mechanisms.
- Work is reviewed at critical junctures to assure technical quality.
Creative Thinking and Innovation:
- Proactively suggests better approaches, processes, or methodologies to optimize project and process outcomes.
Impact and Results Focus:
- Delivers quality work on time, proactively addressing and resolving emerging challenges.
- Assures work products meet client or end user business needs.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience