Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Sales and Marketing
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event. Encourage guests or callers to purchase or schedule preview package sales/tours. Explain details and requirements related to attending a sales presentation to potential owners. Verify that individuals meet eligibility requirements for preview package sales/tours prior to scheduling a tour for a Marriott vacation club property. Determine and give complimentary to guests as gifts for their patronage (e.g., rewards points, show tickets). Answer guest questions about property facilities/services. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information. Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Physical Tasks
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott.
Analytical Skills Learning
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity Relations
- Team Work
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
Personal Attributes Integrity
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
PREFERRED Q UALIFICATIONS
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required