The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a VP, Compliance WPB (Insurance)
The local insurance business is embarking on many long term strategic and ambitious growth plans including newer sales models and projects which will result in a significant overhaul of the current business model in terms of size, scale and complexity. Among other areas of significant impact within business such as ramping up resources in first line, infrastructure, product development, investments, digital and customer initiatives. The reliance on compliance as a function to provide in-depth local regulatory subject matter advise in conjunction with an understanding of the local market practice is immense and very important to ensure regulatory risks are well managed.
- The role holder will need to have good knowledge and experience to provide local compliance advisory covering both RC and FCC regulatory requirements across a wide spectrum of the strategic growth projects and plans and deliver it within short turnaround time
- The role holder will also have to assimilate as part of the advisory relevant HSBC Group policies and FIMs as applicable and engage and consult key business stakeholders within the entity, country and Group.
- The role holder will therefore be someone who has worked in large insurance companies or other financial institutions in Singapore with exposure to a wide area of sales models and regulatory and control frameworks covering both RC and FCC domains and has a good understanding of local industry practices and has to work with significant autonomy
- Degree holder preferably with a legal background with strong experience in regulatory and financial crime compliance, prior experience with large insurance companies and/or financial institutions in Singapore is a must.
- Significant experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- Excellent negotiation & influencing skills with the ability to engage diverse set of audience both internal as well as external.
- Experience with internal audit function would be an added advantage.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited