Editor, Norwegian Language - 72827
Gracenote - Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland
POSITION: Editor, Norwegian Language
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
WORK LOCATION: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Gracenote, A Nielsen Global Media company is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are currently looking for an Editor, Norwegian Language.
ROLE: Our TV and movie Editor performs editorial functions related to the ongoing development and creation of media databases and content, specifically in the audiovisual sphere. The ideal candidate loves movies and series, is familiar and up to date with TV listings and the media sector in general. This person will be responsible for performing high-volume, complex manipulations on the entertainment information that forms the core of Gracenote’s media database, with special focus on creating and enhancing Top Content (Top Series, Top Movies, Keywords etc.).
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of Norwegian language channels and top content providers.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information, create and curate information on movies and shows.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial content, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Act as a customer service representative concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be native or near-native Norwegian language skills and have IMPECCABLE writing and verbal skills. The ability to commence asap is highly desirable.
- Effective writing, grammatical, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
- Good knowledge of Norwegian television and VOD programming preferred, and most importantly a love for movies.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline and willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases with excellent keyboarding skills.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amsterdam,North Holland
Secondary Locations: , , ,